cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Best setting for 6800 XT?

Hi Everyone,

Looking to see if I can get some guidance on how to boost performance on my XFX 6800XT.  Main game I typically play is WoW classic.  Most of the time I'm hovering around 100-120fps with an average of about 80.  I purchased a new MSI laptop that has an Nvidia 3060Ti and im seeing MAJOR difference in FPS.  About 200-250fps typically on the new laptop.  Now I know this AMD I have in my desktop should blow the 3060 out of the water.  Are there any specific settings suggested when running WoW?  If so how do I go about making those changes?  I'm not very savvy when it comes to messing around with custom graphics settings so please feel free to dumb it down.  Overall just looking for better perfomance and more rich graphic settings.

Ryzen 9 3900x w/ 240mm AOI

XFX 6800XT

32GB RAM

2TB M.1 SSD

MSI 570x gaming MB

0 Likes
1 Solution
digipointer0
Adept III

Make sure that your system is set to the "High Performance" power plan in Windows. This will ensure that your system is running at maximum performance. Although your Ryzen 9 3900x is a powerful processor, it is still important to check if there are any CPU bottlenecks that could be affecting your system's performance. You can use tools like MSI Afterburner to monitor your CPU usage and ensure that your processor is not bottlenecking your GPU. Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
digipointer0
Adept III

Make sure that your system is set to the "High Performance" power plan in Windows. This will ensure that your system is running at maximum performance. Although your Ryzen 9 3900x is a powerful processor, it is still important to check if there are any CPU bottlenecks that could be affecting your system's performance. You can use tools like MSI Afterburner to monitor your CPU usage and ensure that your processor is not bottlenecking your GPU. Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

Thanks for the pointers!  It doesn't seem to be bottlenecking my GPU but then again not 100% what I should be looking for.  I typically use adrenaline to monitor temps and usage.  What in particular should I be looking for with bottlenecking?  All drivers are up to date and just set power settings to high performance and it didn;t seem to make an impact on fps in game.  Still sitting at 120 fps and doesn;t seem to want to go above that.  I checked and rechecked settings to see ifthere is a cap but not seeing anything.

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the suggestions!  Getting some solid FPS now that I configured a few things along with your guidance above.  Thanks so much!

0 Likes