cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

moldyharriet
Journeyman III

Been having major problems with what I believe is my GPU(rx580) recently

Starting about two months ago, my pc would randomly (even if I wasn't doing anything remotely taxing) cut off connection to my monitor(s). I could unplug them and replug them, which yielded no results. I would have to restart, which I know isn't that big of a deal but when it becomes a daily thing it becomes slightly upsetting, to get any type of feedback from my monitors, and then they work just fine again. I'm fairly sure that it's my GPU because as soon as my monitors shut off my GPU fans go to full blast. I finally decided to look at Windows Event Viewer. I found one thing that looks remotely related. It's just marked as an Information-Level issue. The Source says "AMD PPC" (I can't figure out for the life of me what in the world AMD PPC is.) When I click on it for more information this exactly is stated in the general tab,

" The description for Event ID 0 from source AMD PPC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

AMD PPC
CppWindowsService in OnStart"

To my knowledge "CppWindowsService" Has nothing to do with AMD.. 

That's all I got. I figure maybe it's something with my drivers? If anyone needs any more info just let me know and I'll work on it. 

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Replies