cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

turbo_penguin
Journeyman III

Battlefield V (5) dark customization and armory when selecting DX 12 on RX 580

So I initially thought this was a problem in the game. It does say that issues can happen on DX12, so I just turned it to DX11 and never thought to change it again. Then a friend said I can get more fps if I switch to DX12. Turns out he's correct, thing is that the customization screen is still so dark I can barely see which sight I'm putting on my weapons.

DX12 has been making the customization and armory screens of Battlefield V dark on AMD GPUs for a while now, here is a Reddit complaint from 2 months ago: https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aghfc4/direct_x_11_vs_direct_x_12_options_menu_interf... 

I thought this might be a driver issue, as the last issue on AMD GPUs was when silhouettes of players got stuck on the screen like such: https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aod120/silhouette_of_the_person_that_shot_me_stays_on... and that got fixed.

I was hoping to raise awareness about this issue, and maybe get it fixed.

1 Solution

An EA Community Manager on the EA forums has acknowledged the issue in this thread. The user also mentioned it's been added to the Battlefield V Issues tracker here

Please use the two links above to track the status of the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
nschwender
Adept II

I have the same issue with my RX480 and the latest drivers. Any solution?

0 Likes

Afraid none, just to play in DX11 :/

0 Likes
hawkiinz
Journeyman III

I've the same issue with a Vega 56.

Seems to be an AMD issue and not a Battlefield side issue.

macchky
Adept II

Stiil exists this issue

PLS AMD FIXXING IT!!!!

0 Likes
yendys
Adept II

I've the same issue with a 5700XT (19.10.2)

0 Likes
somuchhard
Adept II

Same here. I don't know if is a BF or AMD problem !

0 Likes

I do not know, but I tried Vega 56 and RX 580 and the same problem (since game release).

jackdante
Journeyman III

Same here with Vega64

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks we reproduced this issue and will look into it. 

An EA Community Manager on the EA forums has acknowledged the issue in this thread. The user also mentioned it's been added to the Battlefield V Issues tracker here

Please use the two links above to track the status of the issue. 

0 Likes