Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jondedy
Newcomer

Bad performance Radeon RX580 at 1080p

Hey there guys! 

I'm completely new to the forum. But it seemed the logical place to ask about my problem. 

I have an Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX580 Gaming 8GB. I would say that's a pretty descent card. However I have the feeling it's not performing at all as it should. The biggest problems that I have are with CS:GO. My FPS is around 140/150 on the lowest settings and I often have dips to 70/80. Apex Legends seems to run pretty descent on medium settings, GTA 5 runs pretty much perfect on max settings and other games I play are too light to mention  

I checked with Wattman and got some interesting results with CS:GO. The average GPU activity is about 32%, the GPU clock around 636Mhz, the temps around 53 celcius and the powerconsumption around 46watt. Seems really under powered. When I do a Performance Test from Passmark, the score comes out higher as average so it makes no sense to me. 

Since I am playing on a 144hz screen, this is really anoying. I searched around the internet and couldn't find the right solution, I hope that there might be some new news by now. So I hope to hear from you guys. 

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7 3770K

16GB DDR3-1600

500GB ADATA SSD

550W CoolerMaster Masterwatt power supply

I'm running Windows 10 build 1903 and Driver version 19.7.2

I had the same problems basically on my previous system, which was a Dell Optiplex 990 with a i5-2400 and 14GB DDR3-1333 but figered the problem with that machine was the underpowered CPU. Anyway, hope you can help me guys, any tips or advice would be highly apreciated <3 

0 Likes
1 Reply
jondedy
Newcomer

A small update: After the last driver update to version 19.7.5 the performance became even worse. 

0 Likes