cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

FnaticWlf
Journeyman III

Bad performance in Minecraft with a rx 6800 xt

I dont know why but when i play minecraft i get around max 100 fps for some reason even if i use a Msi Gaming X Trio RX 6800 XT. I dont know why this is happening so please help

0 Likes
5 Replies
sarcotix
Adept I

the answer to this one COULD be simple, what is your cpu? minecraft and many other games are very cpu reliant and I'm sure your graphics card is just fine and being bottlenecked by something else in your computer. Also have you tried optifine or sodium mod? they improve your fps a lot.

0 Likes

I use a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz and have 32gb of ram, and i use lunar client but still dont get a lot of fps 

0 Likes

could it be a drivers issue? you're not up to date or anything like that?

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Minecraft has a single render thread.  It will be CPU-limited pretty much 100% of the time, no matter how fast your CPU is.  How slow it gets depends on the complexity of the part of the world you're in, and how you have your view distance configured.

0 Likes

The thing is that i had much better fps on my gtx 560 ti than my rx 6800 xt, i have the same components and everything so it shouldnt be something with that and i use a pretty good cpu, i dont even have a lot of render distance (10-12 chunks) so i can't be anything with the complexity because i litereally had better performance 10 year old card. Overall i have most of the settings are very low 

0 Likes