cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

atiquestions
Journeyman III

Audio Problem : RX 480 & Xonar STX Essence I, 3 Months Audio Problem still isn't fixed and still not on 'Known Issue'

I've posted on the forums 3 months that there's sever Audio Problem with the RX 480 with Xonar STX Essence I.

I was then told told fill the problem on this link.  https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amd.com%2Freport  .

I filled the it twice and the first one, was two months ago.

There still hasn't been talk about fixing the Audio Problem or still isn't on the 'Known Issue' either.

I'm pretty sure it's not with motherboard, the audio problem it's just between the RX 480 and the Xonar STX Essence I.

So I'm just going to repeat of what I report on the survey.  Please fix it!  It's been 3 months almost forever now! :

Why hasn't Tech Report address that there's a serious audio problem when you have a RX480 with Xonar STX Essence I Sound Card? It has happen several months now. When you use Foobar2000 and when you start(first) Chrome/Firefox on to Twitch. The Sound Gets really become Distorted and Static and there several approaches to this bug.

1.Start Firefox/Chrome on to Twitch. Start Foobar. And keep on going to other stream channels, and going next songs. The sound suddenly gets distorted and static-ky.

2.Start Firefox/Chrome on Twitch with Foobar. Check on Exclusive Mode on Windows 10 Sound Panel. Close Foobar and Restart Foobar. The sound will get distorted and becomes static-ky.

3. Just straight up listening Foobar 2000 and with Firefox/Chrome.

I tried to board up the bug. By changing 192000HZ to 96000HZ then back 192000HZ on Windows Sound Panel. The Asus Sound Panel doesn't work to board up the bug. When you change frequency format, 192KHZ to 96 KHZ and back to 192KHZ, the stream stops. If you refresh the bug starts again. There's no way around the bug. Try listening between the NVIDIA card and AMD card with the Xonar STX Essence I Sound Card. The sound clearly distinct.

--------------------------------------

Links from previous post that I did on the forums.

Why Audio Problems with Xonar STX  isn't on Known Issue? 

Serious Audio Problem :  RX 480 with Xonar STX - Any way to completely disable the Audio Driver of R...

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: Audio Problem : RX 480 & Xonar STX Essence I, 3 Months Audio Problem still isn't fixed and still not on 'Known Issue'

That's a very specific problem with a lot of variables, and you didn't disable the RX 480's audio driver still after all these months. AMD can't respond to issues only one person has.

atiquestions
Journeyman III

Re: Audio Problem : RX 480 & Xonar STX Essence I, 3 Months Audio Problem still isn't fixed and still not on 'Known Issue'

I tried to disable it by windows sound panel.  By right clicking and set it to disable it.  The bug still gets through.  And sometimes I think it triggers the bug even more often sometimes then just enabling it. 

Only one person?  But what if someone had AMD all their life and never had Nvidia to notice the difference that there is a sound bug?  Also I just got this feeling no-one or not many people have a Xonar STX Essence I or even have an extra peripheral sound card.

0 Kudos

You do it in device manager. I have a Creative X-Fi Titanium and a Fury Nano and don't have the sound bug, then again I don't use Foobar, and have actually never even heard of it until this thread, as I use VCL, MPC, or Creative MediaSource. Most people these days don't use a dedicated sound card, what with the falloff in popularity of 7.1 surround sound (I have the THX certified Creative Gigaworks S750) and drastic improvement in onboard sound quality.

disable a hardware device

How To Disable A Hardware Device In Windows 10?

0 Kudos
atiquestions
Journeyman III

But it's slightly different?  Fury never had the problem of drawing power to board that AMD have to make a patch to fix it, but the RX 480 did.

I have done that also, by trying to disable in the device manager.  But the bug still gets through.

bwpZSeP.png

But what about the "High Definition Audio Bus" ?   When I double click on it it says it's AMD.  Also I already try to disable the "High Definition Audio Bus" the bug still persist.  Also when disable the "High Definition Audio Bus" and restart you PC,  the "High Definition Audio Bus" mysteriously re-enables again.

Also I have know idea what "High Definition Audio Controller" is it from the motherboard?

0 Kudos
atiquestions
Journeyman III

I think there's one more to variable too this and another one.  The sound bug triggers when there's HTML 5 presence on the webpage.  The sound keeps getting degraded after going to different HTML 5 webpages.  It takes now only 4 webpages the sounds get distorted.  Please fix!

0 Kudos
atiquestions
Journeyman III

I have been using only Google Chrome.  That's weird.   Maybe it's actually Firefox problem now.  I could have sworn, the bug happens on Chrome too, well used to on Chrome , maybe Chrome patched it.  It's only been 2 days with Chrome but there's no audio bug that's happening.  With Firefox though every 2 or 3 webpages and the audio bug happens.

0 Kudos
atiquestions
Journeyman III

I think the audio bug happens on the 'Steam' Browser too, when you look on the Forums or 'Read More' from a Game in your Library.  I didn't know Steam was hardware accelerated too. 

0 Kudos
guily6669
Adept III

In that case you can try disabling Firefox hardware acceleration.

Also make sure you have the latest Flash player + java installed.

And one thing your doing wrong is, the day one you put a dedicated Soundcard, you go into your BIOS and disable the onboard soundcard, every sound card manufacturer recommends that since theres very high chance the new soundcard will bug because of having the onboard one turned ON.

If you disable on windows, after restart windows will keep reinstalling the hardware unless you erase the driver completely from the windows and lock the windows not to update any driver with an app.

But I dont think you need to go that far, just disable your onboard soundcard in your motherboard bios and windows wont ever install it anymore since the hardware will be internally disabled.

I have a Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 and have had all kinds of issues with it randomly, but all because of windows 8.1 and 10 since the manufacturer went bankrupt the stupids closed their site and their driver is outdated. I had to go with custom drivers that people made to be able to have wind 8.1 and later wind 10 support .

0 Kudos
atiquestions
Journeyman III

Hmmm bug starts when you use a drawing app call TVPaint 11 Pro.  I don't think there's any hardware acceleration on it due to not having OpenCL.  What's causing the audio bug?

0 Kudos