cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zonda1996
Journeyman III

Audio broadcasting issue over HDMI (HD6850, Win7)

Hi folks, 

Just trying to troubleshoot an issue with broadcasting audio to a capture card through the HDMI port. Video is getting picked up fine and the receiving computer recognises an audio channel coming from the card itself in Streamlabs OBS, however the PC I'm recording from is having a hard time trying to play sound when AMD HDMI Output is selected as the default playback device. 

When my speakers/headphones are selected they play audio just fine, but it doesn't even attempt to play any form of audio on the HDMI setting. Even music player applications immediately cancel song playbacks with this setting selected, and the basic volume control doesn't show a green flash in the mixer, which normally indicates a sound ping has played to reflect the adjusted volume level. 

My first resort, an attempt to troubleshoot through googling the symptoms and attempting to fix them 1 by 1 hasn't been helpful. I understand this might not be a common issue given the age of the hardware itself, but any pointers would be appreciated, thanks. 

0 Likes
0 Replies