cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kaczu229
Newcomer

ATI Radeon HD 5830 problem

Okay, so my problem is about it, becouse I've veeery bright, green screen's colour. I try fix it in options, its ok but still not as it should.. The 2nd problem is after when i download new graphic driver my screen sometimes blinking when i surf in internet. And 99% if i play games - League of legends for example. I need help. 

- ATI Radeon HD 5830

- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 2499 MHz

- win7 64

- 6gb ram

0 Likes
8 Replies

First your HD5830 is not supported by AMD with updated drivers since it is considered to be legacy hardware.

You have only two choices of the last available AMD Drivers for your Windows 7: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-radeon-hd-5830 

1-WHQL 2015

2-BETA 2016

If neither of the above drivers are able to play your game then you are out of luck and need to upgrade your GPU Card.

0 Likes

Maybe you have right but before i downloaded beta 2016/whql2015 ( i dont remember ) all was good, without any crash or bug like this and now when i try reinstall graphic driver and instal older version but without any success... rn i cant back to pre-install working version

0 Likes

try this basic method of removing and installing your AMD driver and see if it helps any:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

0 Likes

Ok I did it, its much better but still sometimes my screen goes blank :/

0 Likes
kaczu229
Newcomer

Guys, the problem may be bcs my graphic card dont have connectivity with VGA? ( i use adapter between graphic card and monitor DVI - VGA ) Maybe when i would bought new monitor the problem will be wixed? what u think about it 

0 Likes

You need to have an "Active" DVI>VGA Adapter to get video from your GPU to your Monitor. 

An "Active" Adapter converts the DVI signal into VGA before reaching your VGA Monitor.

If the new Monitor has HDMI or DP or even DVI then it should work fine as long as your driver is installed and working.

0 Likes

"You need to have an "Active" DVI>VGA Adapter to get video from your GPU to your Monitor."

What it actually mean??

0 Likes

An "Active" DVI>VGA Adapter converts the DVI signal into VGA before reaching your VGA Monitor.

Most likely you do have an "active" DVI>VGA Adapter.

Need to post your Make & Model of your VGA Monitor and Adapter that you are using will help.

Also make sure your Windows 7 is fully updated via Windows Update.

0 Likes