cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

onnaj
Adept I

Athlon 5350 can't select 1080p in new radeon settings

I've updated my radeon drivers past week after not having used the pc for a while. I can;t select 1080p in Windows settings. When i choose 1920*1080p it gives me 1080i instead.

In the new radeon setting i can't find the option to change the res, except for making a custom res. But when i make a custom res it says the device won't support this even though my Tatung TV (which is connected through a Pioneer VSX-S510 is 1080p @ 60 hz compatible. Never had any issues before, but with the Athlon 5350 i have issues more often then with my old E-350 series APU.

Another problem i have, which keep on returning, is when i use kodi  and choose in that app to display at 1080p i only see about 1/4 of the total. My desktop settings are @ 1360*768.

I've absolutely never had this kind of problem with the same setup except for the E-350 APU. Since changing this problems happened.

I've removed all drivers and reinstalled them again and again with no avail.

Please help me out here, this is very annoying!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: Athlon 5350 can't select 1080p in new radeon settings

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  Provide your full system info!

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program​ and install 16.9.2 driver.

Do not install 16.12.x and 17.x.x drivers for now and ignore any offerings (from AMD auto updater) to update your driver.

onnaj
Adept I

Sorry to forgot to write what system I have, I have a:

Athlon 5350

ASRock Am1h-itx

8 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

WD Scorpio Black 750gb

Connected to:

Tatung 42" Full HD 1080p @60hz (type unknown)

Through a Pioneer VSX-S510 6.1 receiver

I followed your steps and now I can leave the desktop res on 1360*768 and choose 1080p in Kodi. I can now see almost the whole Kodi screen, only the edges are not visible and I don't know how to change this.

But besides this l I still can't find the option to change the desktop res to 1080p in the crimson settings. With the old drivers and software I could choose almost any res

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

Which way PC is connected to your receiver? Show me device manager>monitors tab (it must be opened) and list of available Windows resolutions

You can try custom resolution in this driver (16.9.2) (Radeon settings>Preferences>Show additional settings>Custom resolutions) or try this driver for experiment (it has old control panel)

0 Kudos
onnaj
Adept I

Sorry but haven't been able to check this lately. Will try to add a picture later.

But my PC is connected with the Pioneer receiver with a hdmi cable. Before my new mobo and cpu i didn't have any problems at all with the combo. It's just now with the new combo.

I've tried to add a 1080p @60hz setting but it says that my receiver isn't able to receive this setting even though it's able to play 1080p @70hz!

0 Kudos
angryuser1
Elite

Can you try a different hdmi cable or different receiver? Unfortunately, hdmi cables have chips embedded on their ends and these can go bad after some time (honestly, DRM sucks for end user, always)

0 Kudos