Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pumpopo
Adept I

Asus xq27aqm overclocking doesn't work with 7900xtx

Hey,

I have an ASUS xq27aqm monitor which has a native 240hz frequency but can be overclocked to 270hz as there's such an option provided in the OSD. I was doing the overclocking properly with my old nvidia RTX 2070 graphic card using a displayport cable. This week I received my 7900 xtx and after replacing the 2070 with it, I found the overclocking doesnt work anymore. It will just stays at 240hz.

I tried everything I can think of like upgrading all drivers to the latest including monitor and 7900 xtx, using a different cable,  reinstall operating system. None of them works.

Is this a known issue or has anyone seen this on other monitors? 

1 Solution
pumpopo
Adept I

Yes AMD fixed the issue. After upgrading the driver of my 7900XTX to 23.2.2, I am able to overclock the monitor to 270hz.

View solution in original post

44 Replies
zhun941016
Journeyman III

Guys! The new diver update just solved this problem. They do listen! 

pumpopo
Adept I

Yes AMD fixed the issue. After upgrading the driver of my 7900XTX to 23.2.2, I am able to overclock the monitor to 270hz.

YES! Mines work too! 

Make sure you install the new driver, overclocking is turned on in the monitor settings and then you can select 270 hz under display setting > Advance display settings. Great job everyone.  

0 Likes

I can get 280Hz now too!

0 Likes
Pylex
Journeyman III

Do you know if the response time is also changed form 1ms to 0.5ms as mentioned on the monitor with overclocking

0 Likes