Journeyman III

Asus TUF RX 6800 XT low fps in all games

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6800 XT TUF OC Edition

CPU: i7 11700F 2.5 ghz

Motherboard: Asus prime z590-p

BIOS Version: 1601

RAM: 32GB (4x 8192MB) Corsair Vengance DDR4-3200 

PSU: 750 watt gold 80 + (using 2 separate 8 pin cables for GPU)

Operating System: Windows 10 (newly installed)

GPU Drivers: 22.11.2 (latest)

Description of Original Problem: 6800 XT Under-performing / low power consumption in Games

Monitor: 2x Samsung G5 27" (165hz main display, 144hz second)

System installed: Samsung m2 ssd 512 GB

Troubleshooting:

Hello, i know there are many issues like that and many posts on this community forum, but nothing worked for me, this card is 2-3 moths old, bought completely new.

I was playing (BF 2042 mostly 98%) 1-2 months without any problem on this PC specs, then suddenly fps dropped with device hang error and directx errors, after that started my low fps problems, what i have done was ddu drivers, reinstall windows 10, nothing helped, then installed windows 11, tried new drivers and old drivers, nothing helped, there were moments when i was able to play 15-20 minutes without fps drops, originally i play with 120-140 fps BF 2042 on low graphics.
It's not game related problem and nor cpu bottleneck, if fps dropped while playing BF 2042 in 15-20 minutes then if i go to another game, for example Kena The bridge of spirits which using only 30-35% of my cpu same fps drop is there, tried dx11 and dx12 same problems. Without shutting down computer whenever i try any of this game i have low power usage and high frame times, about 20ms and some times more ... So what gives me 15-20 minutes of stable fps?! Just shutting down the pc and wait for 5-10 minutes and then for some time i have stable fps in all games : ). After tried all things my problem was fixed installing 22.10.1 (older driver on windows 10), and most strange thing that fixed my fps drops in all games was MSI afterburner, setting up clocks at max speed and then resetting it or downclocking to minimum and then resetting to default fixed my all problems and i had very stable gaming. BUT i had problem and reinstalled windows 11 now i have windows 10 and same problems started after 3-4 days of stable gameplay without any device hang or directx errors and same fix doesn't worked for me tried everything.

Sorry for bad video quality.
NORMAL USAGE:

LOW USAGE: 

0 Likes
0 Replies