cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

smexyduk
Journeyman III

ASUS TUF FX505DY R5 3550h RX 560x screen flicker

So I just bought the laptop brandnew at an asus store, came home to install everything including new drivers 19.3.3/19.4.1 but these drivers seem to make my laptop screen flicker over and over again. Is it a common issue and being currently fixed? Or my laptop is just faulty? When installing using the drivers on the ASUS Website, no flickering whatsoever. What seems to be the problem here? Thank you! Hoping to get this resolved as soon as possible.

0 Likes
8 Replies
ouychiat
Journeyman III

I noticed this on my laptop as well. After installing the AMD drivers on AMD website screen flickering was intermittent. This should not happen. Thank you for having this topic and this is not an isolated case.

Did you rollback and installed the drivers from the Asus support page?

0 Likes
smexyduk
Journeyman III

Yes I did, downloaded and installed directly from the ASUS Website which fixed it. No idea why it bugs out on the AMD Website. But anyways I insisted on getting another laptop instead, as this model seems to be unstable and is pretty buggy. Hopefully they fix it. For those who still uses the same model, I highly suggest to just download drivers from the ASUS Website instead, other than on their main perspective website to avoid issues.  

0 Likes

Thank you again for having this topic. After using ASUS' software for the drivers there wasn't any problem anymore.

0 Likes
rohitrohela
Journeyman III

Can you please provide me the link from where you have download the driver. Because I did the same i.e downloaded the driver from asus site but I'm still facing the flickering issue at low brightness

0 Likes

Sorry but I no longer use this laptop and replaced it with another one. I highly suggest sticking to the older drivers as the newer ones causes issues. Wait until they have a stable release before upgrading to a higher one, older ones are more stable than the newer versions. Uninstall with DDU (make sure you're in safe mode). Go to windows update and download the GPU drivers on it. (Windows Update usually gives out the older GPU drivers based on my experience).

0 Likes

Sorry but I no longer use this laptop and replaced it with another one. I

highly suggest sticking to the older drivers as the newer ones causes

issues. Wait until they have a stable release before upgrading to a higher

one, older ones are more stable than the newer versions. Uninstall with DDU

(make sure you're in safe mode). Go to windows update and download the GPU

drivers on it. (Windows Update usually gives out the older GPU drivers

based on my experience).

0 Likes

still facing the same issue. I think it is hardware issue

0 Likes

Better get that checked out, if it's still under the warranty, send it back to them so they can fix it. Or if you can replace it, do so. Flickering can be a real pain, especially when gaming. Good luck!

0 Likes