cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sifiez
Adept I

ASUS TUF 6800 (Non XT) - Complete Computer freeze

Just purchased a new ASUS TUF radeon rx 6800 (non xt) gpu. installed everything okay.

Ive been running into the issue, so far only with Call of Duty Warzone. I'll be able to play for a few hours, but randomly my entire PC will freeze. I will then have to force shut down the PC and turn it back on to work again. I removed all Nvidia drivers and have the AMD Radeon Software downloaded with updated drivers.

This has happened multiple timse, only after i installed the new gpu. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if its just a thing warzone is causing. I played about 2.5 hours of Cyberpunk just fine with no crashes/freezes

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: ASUS TUF Radeon RX 6800

RAM: 16gb

MOB: X570 Aorus Elite Wifi

PSU: EVGA 750w Bronze

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have it in another post and it seems to help others. Go into the tuning area on the Radeon software, enable "automatic" OC. Get the "undervolt GPU" number, write it down. Switch into "manual" OC mode enable all disabled settings. Slide the minimum clock to within 100Mhz of the maximum. Enter that voltage you got into the voltage area. Disable zero RPM fan. Set the "power limit" to max. Hit apply and save that profile under the 3 dots at the top right. Run 3D Mark TimeSpy tot test stability. Or just try Warzone see if that doesn't fix it. I have a Gigabyte RX 6800. Here's my settings, working 100% with driver 12.2.1RX 6800 Settings.pngTimeSpy RX 6800 best 1_13_2021.png

"It worked before you broke it!"

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Li4X
Adept I

I can not confirm this problem with Warzone, but  I have a very similiar problem with BeamNG. My PC will just black out and the VGA Debug LED goes on. Only way is to shut it down via power button then. Using a 700W PSU. Will try it with an more powerful psu soon. It Seems to be a power issue but it is only happening in BeamNG. Wonder what AMD has to say to that.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ich habe, hatte das gleiche Problem. Gehe in Win 10 zu Einstellungen, System, Anzeige ganz unter Grafikeinstellungen und aktiviere deine App-Grafiksoftware (exe) dort und stelle dein Energielevel ein. In der Radeon Software bei den Spielen dasselbe. Bis jetzt hatte ich keine Abstürze (Schwarzer Bildschirm) mehr.

@Anonymous 

1. sprich english (speak english)
2. mh, vielleicht bringt der doch was ;) // maybe he can try that
3. eben die einstellung auch bei mir gefunden - danke, mal wieder was neues gefunden // found it in settings for my PC aswell - thank you for teaching me something new ;)

@Sifiez 
what is your PSU?

not 700W etc - i want to know the actual NAME of the PSU ;)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

its theEVGA 750BQ 80 plus bronze

0 Likes

I'm pretty sure it is not psu related. I currently run an new System Power 9  with 700W, but also ran an 850W Lepa G Series yesterday and it didn't changed anything with the crashing in BeamNG Drive.

0 Likes

I tried the same setting in Windows 10. Sadly it didn't worked: Can you tell me what settings you choose in the Adrenaline Software ? Thanks for the tip anyway !

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

mh, did you clean Nvidia driver with DDU in safe-mode or by simple uninstalling them in Windows?

if you simply uninstalled - congrats, now you can re-install a fresh Win10 20H2... (Nvidia does some stuff to the system that really hinders AMD GPUs to work properly)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

I deinstalled drivers via DDU in safe mode and I had an AMD card before. I even freshly set up windows after a couple of days.

0 Likes
Simmo1991
Adept I

I am also facing the same issues in warzone. I play for 2 hours and then screen completely freezes and forces the systwm to reboot.

I have very similar spec.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: ASUS RX 6800

RAM: 16gb

MOB: B550 Msi Mortar

PSU: Corsair CX 750f Bronze

I have a 850w gold corsair psu incoming which i am going to test

0 Likes

@Simmo1991 

you should update BIOS first

@Sifiez 

ok - its not a chinese firecracker;
i think you should use an older driver and wait for a new driver

0 Likes

@benman2785 

I didnt think it was a PSU because other games are fine.

On this same windows boot drive i was running an itel cpu and a nivida graphics card. I did remove all the nivida drivers with DDU. But i have a feeling something was off. I reinstalled windows, and reverted to the previous driver to see if the issue continues.

Thanks, for the response. 

I have it in another post and it seems to help others. Go into the tuning area on the Radeon software, enable "automatic" OC. Get the "undervolt GPU" number, write it down. Switch into "manual" OC mode enable all disabled settings. Slide the minimum clock to within 100Mhz of the maximum. Enter that voltage you got into the voltage area. Disable zero RPM fan. Set the "power limit" to max. Hit apply and save that profile under the 3 dots at the top right. Run 3D Mark TimeSpy tot test stability. Or just try Warzone see if that doesn't fix it. I have a Gigabyte RX 6800. Here's my settings, working 100% with driver 12.2.1RX 6800 Settings.pngTimeSpy RX 6800 best 1_13_2021.png

This works so far. Thank you 😃 i was about to RMA.

@mackbolan777 

It looks like undervolting the card has somewhat fixed the issue (still testing). I turned the voltage to 1000Mv and played for about 3.5 hours with no crashes. This may possibly be the solution.

I extensively tested my OC setting in Time Spy and Port Royal and its stable.

Thank you! 

0 Likes

I'm getting ready to RMA my Asrock Phantom 6800... having tons of trouble with hard crashing that requires power down, along with VGA error light. 

I'll try the OC/undervolting settings suggested above.  

Anybody know if a new driver update is coming soon?  I'm on 20.12.1 (Dec 4, '20 release date). 

0 Likes

@MrSleezeBag1964 

The Phantom is an OC model so be careful with the clocks on that one, like going too high. You might want to go into the "tuning" area of the Radeon driver, set it to "automatic" OC and get the "undervolt GPU" number, the "overclock GPU" number, same with VRAM but you could leave that stock, enable "fast timing" though. Most cards won't hit 2150 VRAM, 2140-2100 is the 90% mark. Switch back to "manual" OC mode and input those numbers, making sure to raise the minimum clock to be within 100Mhz of the maximum clock. Turn off the Zero RPM fan feature and slide the "power limit" to max. Adjust you fan curve more aggressive, like mine, for best results.

Skip the AsRock tuning utility. As with most manufacture designed "tweaking programs" it just makes more problems than it solves.

If your PSU offers 2 separate PCIe power cables for the GPU, use both, rather than the split dongle. If you're still having hard crashes, look at your RAM settings or check it in general with something like: MemTest Manual (hcidesign.com) to see if a stick is failing or a setting is not working. I found this program to be better than Memtest x86 and the paid versions are cheaper.

Not sure on a release date for a newer driver. This one works for me, however, I know there's fixes that need to be made for some who use more than a 1080p display. I can say that your hard crashes are most likely not driver related based on the description.

0 Likes

Appreciate the tips!   At the point I have ruled out ALL hardware problems except Mobo and CPU.  I've replaced PSU, PSU cables, brand new SSD, Brand new Windows, swapped back to previous RAM.  

A little testing last night with Min/Max OC at 2100/2200 and other suggested settings caused crash instantly in Forza.  However, this would very likely be identical to what I experience at factory settings with all default Radeon profiles.  

Will test more tonight!

0 Likes

What are your system specs? So far I'm going by just the card. 2100/2200 for the GPU clock on that card is light, in fact it's stock. Your card has a factory OC of 2310. It actually lists 3 clocks so I don't know if the BIOS on that card has 3 programmed in or just the normal 2. If it's 3, than you'd want to use the AsRock utility to do this same thing but factor in the base clock, game clock, boost clock. 2310/2210/2110 or something for the 3 clocks. Run the regular power plan, leave VRAM alone. Usually cards like these have a dual BIOS, one for power and one for economy. Yours has a switch for ARGB. 

I personally dislike that card and brand in general for reasons I won't get into. Truth be told, I've heard few success stories with AsRock and the 6000 series. The thing should run fine out of the box and it's not.

0 Likes

I don't want to hijack OP's thread, additional info about my system here.  Really appreciate any info you can give.  I'm out of ideas!!

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/asrock-phantom-6800-causing-hard-system-crashes-w-mobo-vga-err...

BIOS now has the latest update. I will repprt back if this fixed the issue