cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twokillabytes
Journeyman III

ASUS ROG 5700XT Driver constantly crashing. Impossible to play games now

I currently have the latest drivers installed. a few days ago it was 2-5 crashes in a day, now its pretty bad. cant even play The Division 2 without the driver crashing every 5 minutes. 

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8086K Processor (12M Cache, up to 5.00 GHz)

Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
GPU: ASUS Republic of Gamers STRIX Radeon™ RX 5700 XT OC 8GB GDDR6
RAM: Corsair Dominator® Platinum 16GB ( 2x8GB ) 3200Mhz DDR4
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0
 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB (WD4003FZEX) 7200RPM
 SDD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 500 Bronze V2
Case: InWin 301 (Black) Mini Tower

0 Likes
4 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

I have the same card and have had 0 issues with it, That is not a PSU i would be using for that setup,It is so "Budget" that it is below the "recommended: Specs.That card can draw on average 250+ watts on its own. 

System Requirements

• PCI Express x16 Slot
  • One available 8-pin and one available 6-pin PCI-E power connectors
  • 600 Watt or greater power supply
  • OS Support: Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition, Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition, Ubuntu x86 64-Bit or Linux x86_64

Hey there man,

Regarding with this card.We already know the card manufactured in a shitty way. They sent me to change the screws of cooler without questining if i do have required equipment for it. They did not even bother to tell me the torqing values until I ask them.

Another fact  I do have a similiar but new generation system shared below;

* AMD Ryzen 3700 X CPU

* Asus ROG Strix X-570 E MB

* GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 MHZ 8GBx2 RAM

* Cooler Master G750M 80 Bronze PSU

* Asus MG279Q 144 Hz Monitor (30-90 Hz Freesync)

I'm facing almost exactly same issues while playing Ark Survival Evolved, Mount and Blade Bannerlord, Arma 3, Cities Skylines. Screen goes black all of a sudden, reboots automaticly.

What I realized was that, increasing power target is effecting frequency of black screens however its not single reason because I have played games for 4 hours non stop at %130 power target without problem then crashed within 10 mins at %110 power target.

I'm hoping that it is a driver problem. As I haven't got a spare card to send this one to service.

0 Likes
xfork
Adept I

You need to go into graphic settings. You have 3 choices. Gaming, E-sport and standard.

Click on Standard and you will stop getting black screen and those random crashes.

If that does not work. Then just play the waiting game or switch to NVIDIA.

0 Likes

More stupid advice"switch to Nvidia" because .... They have issues as well..not great advice.Maybe help him with advice on what he already has.

Mine is set to "gaming" with no issues whatsoever.so maybe another issue. 

Like I said,I would definitely upgrade that PSU before I try anything else.