Graphics Cards

kazi_nahian
Journeyman III

ASUS Radeon RX580 keeps on crashing to desktop for every game

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.90 GHz

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 450W (branded)

Motherboard- ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS

I have recently bought a second hand RX 580 8GB. I have tested the GPU on the seller's PC and played a few games for about an hour or so and the GPU ran smoothly. It also runs smoothly on my PC, however every games I played with it keeps on crashing to the desktop screen or sometimes my PC restarts. The games I have tested it on are GTA 5, FIFA 20, Cyberpunk 2077, Mafia Definitive Edition. All of these games will start, run very well for +-10min and then it will crash. I was able to play Fifa for 1hr which was the max it survived. I have ran benchmarks like 3D Mark Time Spy, Furmark, Heaven  and all the results of the benchmarks are also splendid. The temperatures are not too shabby either. I am really clueless what to do. I am attaching a screenshot of one of the random moments Cyberpunk freezed after 5min or so with MSI afterburner running and I had to force quit it. I have tried running each games aforementioned numerous times and the results are always the same that is they crash. 

Guys, please help me out.

Screenshot (175).png

0 Likes
5 Replies
bh79
Journeyman III

Same Here..  with a brand new RX 580 8GB..
Clean install with the lastest driver and sam with the optional driver..  still crashing.

Very disappointed on AMD.. =[

0 Likes

I am really really disappointed! I can't play any games on my PC now. Only Among Us is playing fine. Literally all other games are crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the 1000th time now. I really don't know what to do... I am thinking about taking the PC to a mechanic.

0 Likes
veereeus
Journeyman III

just in case, check the virtual memory, I had such departures because of it.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If the games crash on the desktop, there may be a RAM problem. One of the components other than the GPU may be faulty.

0 Likes
matses_51
Adept II

@kazi_nahian wrote:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.90 GHz

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 450W (branded)

Motherboard- ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS

I have recently bought a second hand RX 580 8GB. I have tested the GPU on the seller's PC and played a few games for about an hour or so and the GPU ran smoothly. It also runs smoothly on my PC, however every games I played with it keeps on crashing to the desktop screen or sometimes my PC restarts. The games I have tested it on are GTA 5, FIFA 20, Cyberpunk 2077, Mafia Definitive Edition. All of these games will start, run very well for +-10min and then it will crash. I was able to play Fifa for 1hr which was the max it survived. I have ran benchmarks like 3D Mark Time Spy, Furmark, Heaven  and all the results of the benchmarks are also splendid. The temperatures are not too shabby either. I am really clueless what to do. I am attaching a screenshot of one of the random moments Cyberpunk freezed after 5min or so with MSI afterburner running and I had to force quit it. I have tried running each games aforementioned numerous times and the results are always the same that is they crash. 

Guys, please help me out.

What Graphic card where you running previously?

How old is that PSU?

0 Likes