cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MartimeWho
Adept I

Asus R9 280x has no display

Hello everyone, I need some help with my pc.

I turned on my pc and everything turns on, the fans spin, the graphics card and other leds have turned on but I have no display.

I've tried the displayport and hdmi port on the graphics card and there is still no display.

I have also cleaned the pcie slot and reseated the graphics card to make sure it is in properly as well as the ram just to be sure and there is still no display.

It was working a few days ago but I turned it on and nothing would display. I made sure the hdmi port on my TV was working and my xbox works with it.

My specs are :

Ryzen 5 1600x, Asrock a320m-hdv r4.0, Asus R9 280x, 16gb Corsair Vengance Ram, Corsair VS 550 Power supply and just a seagate 1tb Hdd.

Any help will be appreciated, 

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Here is  an article about what to do if your GPU card won't POST and how to flash the vBIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-video-bios-flash.265939/

Since you don't have  another GPU card or computer to install your GPU card and you tested it on another Monitor with the same results then I personally don't have any other suggestions except take your GPU card to a computer shop and have them install it on a motherboard to see if they get video output.

I did this when I thought my GPU card that wasn't giving out any Video output after I upgraded to a Ryzen motherboard. Took it to a computer shop and they installed it on a motherboard and immediately had video output. The computer shop was really nice and didn't charge me anything for just powering up the GPU card.

But your computer shop will probably want to charge you a fee so ask in advance how much before allowing them to check your GPU card.

NOTE: Sometimes if you physically remove and install the GPU Card on the motherboard it might start working normally again. If you remove the GPU card physically take a close look at the PCB board for any abnormal discoloration or damaged tracing or components.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

The best way is to either try a different card in your PC, or try your card in a different PC..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

As mentioned try the GPU card in another computer and see if you get Video output.

If the GPU card was working fine a few days ago and now has no video output and you haven't change anything then it seems like the GPU card became defective unless you PSU is not giving out proper Voltage outputs.

Make sure both GPU Power connectors are firmly connected and that each PSU GPU Power cable is separate from each other.

One User recently had a similar issue and after Re-flashing his vBIOS it started outputting video again. But this was the first time I heard of this type of fix.

Asus does have a BIOS to download and install for the R9-280X GPU card: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/r9280xdc2t3gd5/HelpDesk_Download/

Have you tried a different Monitor to see if you get video output?

NOTE: Flashing the BIOS would be the last step in troubleshooting. I would make sure the GPU card was not outputting video before doing that step.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I don't have another gpu as I can't afford one, all the psu connectors are properly put into the gpu and the motherboard and the cpu port for the psu, I can test the psu voltage output to see if that's the problem, other than that I don't know how to reflash the vbios if I can do that without a graphics card which I don't think I can.

0 Likes

Here is  an article about what to do if your GPU card won't POST and how to flash the vBIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-video-bios-flash.265939/

Since you don't have  another GPU card or computer to install your GPU card and you tested it on another Monitor with the same results then I personally don't have any other suggestions except take your GPU card to a computer shop and have them install it on a motherboard to see if they get video output.

I did this when I thought my GPU card that wasn't giving out any Video output after I upgraded to a Ryzen motherboard. Took it to a computer shop and they installed it on a motherboard and immediately had video output. The computer shop was really nice and didn't charge me anything for just powering up the GPU card.

But your computer shop will probably want to charge you a fee so ask in advance how much before allowing them to check your GPU card.

NOTE: Sometimes if you physically remove and install the GPU Card on the motherboard it might start working normally again. If you remove the GPU card physically take a close look at the PCB board for any abnormal discoloration or damaged tracing or components.

0 Likes

• Okay thank you for your help I will ask my computer shop how much it will cost to check my gpu and then hopefully get the computer shop to have a look and sort it out if possible, or I will have a look at flashing the vbios if necessary, I appreciate your help thank you.