Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fuuv
Journeyman III

Asus PG279Q support amd gpu with 165hz

Hello,

I was wondering which amd gpu cards support the Asus PG279Q monitor option to use 165 hz. It just says:

"2) Only NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and above graphics card can support 2560 x 1440 up to 165Hz. Please contact the GPU manufacturers for detailed specification."

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jargon
Elite

I don't think there is any single AMD card which is capable of driving 1440p at 165Hz - it seems to be strictly a Nvidia requirement. Depending on the application, the RX Vega and Vega Frontier Edition cards may be able to output 1440p resolution at 165 fps with high-ultra settings, but only Nvidia hardware should support 165Hz.

Also, should you choose to run the monitor at 144Hz with your AMD card, you will experience neither G-Sync nor Freesync with your monitor. Your monitor hardware implements Nvidia's G-Sync which is not compatible with AMD cards. Considering the significant investment that G-Sync monitors entail, I would suggest that you either return your monitor and get one with AMD Freesync, or consider getting a graphics card which supports G-Sync.

0 Likes