cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Amnesia
Journeyman III

ASUS Dual RX580 Default settings, black screen fans go 100% and pc freezes. Undervolting doesnt work

Like the title said whenever I try to play a game my pc freezes and fans ramp up and I have to manually shut my PC down. I used to be able to play with an undervolt just fine but now that I bought a new CPU,MOBO, RAM and PSU and try to play with the undervolt the AMD Driver keeps crashing and resetting to default, but when I play on default for 2-3min the screen goes black and fans ramp up, so playing on default settings is not an option. 

Before all this happened I could play stable for 1-2 months and on my old setup and then I had to undervolt but now even that isn't working.

I read on forums that I should replace the thermal paste on my GPU, before I try that are there any other options I could try?.

Current specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 with a stock cooler (I had idle temps of around 60-70c but after a power options fix I found its at 45-50c)

MOBO:MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8gb)

PSU: Gigabyte P850GM

Old specs:

CPU: I5-3570K 

MOBO: ASROCK H61DE/S3

RAM: 2X 4GB some random Kingston sticks 1033mhz

PSU: CoolerMaster Elite V4 600W

0 Likes
1 Reply
Amnesia
Journeyman III

Fixed the problem by replacing thermal compound. Temps were 20c cooler and no crashes after 30min of playing resident evil. Will update if something else occurs.

0 Likes