cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sssrega
Journeyman III

Asus Arez Strix RX Vega 56. With a decrease in voltage in the 3Dmark tests, everything is in order, the frequencies increase, the voltage keeps as I set, but when you start any game, the voltage rises to values 1.05-1.1 and does not drop more below at all

The graph shows the increase and decrease in stress when starting the 3Dmark test. You can also see an increase without lowering at the start of the game.voltage.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
alseu
Challenger

You've flashed the 64 bios, it has higher stock frequency, higher power limit, higher memory voltage and higher memory contoller voltage (the one that is shown as "memory voltage" in wattman). 
The latter one is also being used as the minimum Core voltage limit for higher pstates of vega gpu. The default value is 1100mv. 
In order to undervolt core at pstates 5-7 lower than that value you have to decrease "memory voltage" (memory controller voltage in reality) as well as core voltage.
Similar memory overclock stability is obviously not guaranteed with a lower memory controller voltage but usually at ~1000-1030mv it is the same.

0 Likes

ok, i will try as you said. But I observed the same thing on the stock BIOS.

0 Likes