cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SomeRandomGamer
Journeyman III

Assasins Creed Origins crash (AMD driver Timed out)

I just bought AC origins on on steam all dlcs and everything but i cant progress, the game crashes on every cinematic, it freezes at first and then crashes to the desktop, no error message, just a option to send a report to ubisoft, please for the love of god help me. did everything, from turning of cloud sync,windowed mode or border less, everything i could, i don't know why its happening, it just crashes and then amd bug report tool says that my graphic driver had timed out, idk why, i can play cyberpunk on high without a problem but this i cannot fix for my dear life. Specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 16GB Ram, 64Bit windows 10 Pro version 20H2, Radeon RX 580 series.

25 Replies
t0nt0
Adept I

Try this:

1. DL & use AMD Cleanup Utility to remove all the drivers that are currently installed (when asked to do it in safe mode - accept)
1.1 Link to Utility: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

2. DL & install Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 driver
2.1 Link to driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-2-3

I had a similar problem, it worked for me. Now I'm playing with everything on Ultra. I also have Radeon RX 580 - 4GB.

Hope that I'm not too late and that it works for you aswell.

Cheers!

Thank You! This one actually worked for me. I've uninstalled my drivers with an other tool but it didn't work. Now I can play Ac Origins with no freezing and driver crashes. 

0 Likes

Glad I could be of help. Happy gaming!

IT WORKED! 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes

IT WORKED! 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes

thanks mate
it worked for me

0 Likes

Do you need to install this specific (21.2.3) driver version?

0 Likes

Yes. It crashes with other versions installed.

0 Likes

I ran the cleanup utility in safe mode then installed 21.2.3, but for some reason I lost the fan control and overclocking settings in Radeon Software?

EDIT: nevermind, a second reboot fixed it. I'll update again after testing AC:O.

0 Likes

Glad you managed to fix it

Let us know if it worked

0 Likes

To elaborate on my issue as it was a bit different from what was experiencing OP: I was able to launch and play the game fine for a few hours (in high settings) until I reached a specific place in the game (cave north of the town at the beginning of the story) then the timeout crashes started. To the point I couldn't play long enough to leave said place to see if crashes were tied to this place. Tried running the game in fullscreen/borderless mode or switching to medium, didn't help. I didn't try to start a new save though. Since downgrading the driver I was able to load my existing save, do what I needed to do where I was having crashes and leave, without a single crash yet. So I guess it's a win.

However I was using the Radeon Software overlay thing in the corner of the screen to keep an eye on GPU temp and such, I wasn't able to find where the setting is with this version.

0 Likes

Again, I'm glad it worked out for you. Hope that you won't have problems any further.

As for the metrics overlay, I'm currently not on the PC that I have that driver on, but, if I remember correctly, metrics should be under the Performance tab, and then somewhere in the upper left corner of the AMD Radeon software. Look for it a little, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Metrics overlay setting was missing because I had the Radeon overlay completely off to eliminate it as source of crash.

I just hope downgrading the drivers won't affect other games...

0 Likes

Sadly it does affect other games by downgrading, BUT you can always just install the new drivers. I have this one for Origins and Odyssey and when i want to play Valhalla or for example Warzone i just install the latest drivers. It is a bit time consuming, but its only (at most) 10min each time.
Edit: Btw, i dont need to uninstall the drivers for it to work, i just install and play

Would love an actual fix for this AMD driver timeout issue, already tried all the 'fixes' from here besides going to an 2020 driver but no luck. Just would like to play the game that I paid for.

Thanks man this also worked for me 2 hr and not a single time it crashed thank you so much

0 Likes

No problem. Happy gaming

0 Likes

Thanks. this fixed a strange bug that made the game crash at night in some places.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Die Radeontreiber haben Probleme, beim Umschalten von Gameplay auf Video. Dein Spiel habe ich noch mit einer GTX 970 gespielt ohne Probleme. Wenn dann nur den Treiber 21.6.1 WHQL benutzen und den MSI Afterburner, das klappt bei meiner RX5700XT am besten. Man kann hier 5 verschiedene Einstellungen der Grafikkarte abspeichern (den Unterschied machen auch die Grafikmaschinen der Spiele) und auch die Lüftersteuerung verbessern. Mit einen Grafikkartenbenchmark kann man die Einstellungen überprüfen. Stelle im BIOS den PCI Express von Auto auf Gen3 oder 4 und benutze keinen Schnellstart.

Thank you for the tip! I was stuck with this exact problem and your solution solved it! You are the real MVP!

0 Likes

What tip?

I'm still reading posts from other forums and people who tried the very some suggestions, but no avail.
The problem is stil there, for some it is just working for now, for others Not at all.

The biggest problem still is:
AMD driver Timed out.

Assassins Creed Valhalla also suffer from this.

AMD has to solve this

0 Likes

I called "tip" the solution provided by t0nt0 just in first page under the original post. It worked like a charm for me! Good luck to you to solve your issue!

0 Likes

I wonder if AMD is planning to fix this problem in new versions of drivers at all?
It's just that I personally have Adrenalin2020 Edition 21.2.3 working unstable, and in general, for AC Origin, the drivers are only 19 years old revision... which I'm sorry is absurd.

0 Likes

Just wanted to say this worked for me to and I don't even have one of the models that are listed for this driver lol. 

0 Likes
3kash
Journeyman III

Thank you so much bro! IT WORKED

You are a lifesaver.

0 Likes