cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

melbone
Adept I

Asrock Phantom Gaming RX 6800 Black Screen when someone joins my discord stream

This sometimes translates into general gaming but I've barely ever experienced this. The moment someone joins my stream as I play a game, my computer goes into a black screen crash, where the monitor loses signal and the GPU fans stop spinning. This 100% of the time happens when streaming games in Discord and someone joins but it sometimes randomly happens when gaming, albeit extremely rare occasions. I've tried the following fixes: DDU, AMD driver removal, old drivers, new drivers, disabling hardware acceleration, disabling PCIE gen 4 on mobo, disabling AMD's overlays, disabling discord overlay, undervolting gpu, reducing max power of gpu, reducing max clock speed of gpu, reinstalling windows, installing the drivers through Windows driver installation to avoid installing AMD's Software, disabling freesync, setting the refresh rate of the monitor to 120 and the same in Radeon Software and a few others I cannot remember. 

What worked for me best was installing the amd driver through windows to avoid installing AMD software. I was able to game and have someone watch my stream for quite a while, but earlier today I had Guild Wars 2 and WoW open in the background, and I had two people watching my Guild Wars 2 gameplay and I got the black screen crash again. No dump files are generated because it's technically not a crash apparently, I'm not sure where else to go to. I tried streaming with OBS and I had no issues. I'm convinced it's a software issue rather than hardware, but I don't know to what degree. I bought the card from a friend so I don't think I can RMA it. I'm at my last legs, and I can't tolerate this any longer. Last AMD/ATI card I used was the 5770 cards and I hated it, and now I'm back with AMD and I hate it again. 

Specs:

Asrock Phantom Gaming 16gb RX 6800 OC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

Trident Z RGB 16x2 3600mhz

EVGA G3 750W PSU 80+ Gold

AORUS Pro AC B550 

It's a fresh system, I reinstalled windows brand new and everything should be fresh. 

Thanks for any help. 

3 Replies

And you've got the discord patch for games shutting down.

Using hwinfo64 or aida64 when crashes.

Asrock released a vbios update, don't know if that was to address some issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
melbone
Adept I

UPDATE: I've reinstalled drivers again using windows, and now I don't get instant crashes on discord, but I do get crashes if I run heavy tasks like two MMORPG's at the same time and a 4k video after a while. Does anyone know if 750W is insufficient for a 6800 and a 5600x? I'm inclined that, besides a driver issue, it might also be due to this. 

0 Likes

I have the same issues, posted in another thread. Due to these serious power outages, I had already replaced the PSU from 650w bequiet to corsair 850w HX850i with single-rail capabilities. No success.... It's not your PSU believe me... Its fine with 750w.

Note: I am NOT on O.C  - stock i7 9700k and 850w is enough, still have the problems. black screen, annoying sound, power off required. Win error log: 6008 and kernel 41.

Sad and it seem to happen only with the 6800's, the XT and 6900XT users do not report issues a lot?1