cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

iXper1ence
Journeyman III

Artifacts on RX470 in games only.

So, I only have problems with direct games 11-12. The videocard works great on the desktop with any program. But artifacts appear during games running with Directx 11 or 12. Games with Vulkan run better, but minor bugs appear over long sessions. I tested the video card in my friend's computer and he has the same problem. The video card is in stock and without overclocking.

My system:

Cpu: AMD FX-8300 3.3 MHz

MB: Asus M5A78L-M LX

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4GB

RAM: Kingston 8+4 GB DDR3 800 MHz

Radeon driver version: 21.2.3

What do I need to do about this problem? Help PLZ.

Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvdm_5lRmIQ 

0 Likes
2 Replies

I would stress test the GPU card with Furmark fuzzy donut test or use OCCT GPU test to see if the GPU card is overheating during game play and whether artifacts starts appearing during the stress tests.

If using OCCT I would also stress test the PSU and see if it fails or not and what is the output voltages for 12 & 5 & 3.3 vdc and what temperatures is showing for the GPU card and whether the GPU fan is running at 100% or not.

Normally artifacts occurs mainly due to Overheating or Overclocking issues but could also be due to defective GPU card or at times a driver issue.

0 Likes

Same problem. My graphic card had warranty and i got rx580 i had no problems after some time same problem 

ps. Sorry for bad english

0 Likes