cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AcaJ
Journeyman III

Are the Ryzen 7 5700g and RX 580 8GB compatible?

can i use Ryzen 7 5700g with RX 580 8GB and is it worth to combine it? thanks

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Vynski
Exemplar

Yes, you can use them together.  Although, if you can afford to upgrade the GPU to run the latest games on the market, I would strongly recommend it.  If your on a budget and have to save up first then use what you have there until you can afford the new upgrade.  How long does it take to install a new GPU, 5 minutes max.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Go to AMD's home page and compare the 6600 series cards and get what meets your budget.  Just a little info on prices, the 6600XT will cost about $50-$60 more than the 6600 and the 6650 will run about $100 more.  Jump on newegg.com site and compare for yourself.  

Now this is my opinion based on past experience.  I would recommend that you avoid XFX.  Not to say that the cards are bad but if you have problems, service is near non-existent.  I recommend MSI, ASUS, SAPHIRE, GIGABYTE, name brand cards from manufacturers that provide very good to descent service.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, since there is not much information from your side.
Here are three scenarios, pick one:

=YOU HAVE THE RX580=
The Ryzen 5700G is no slouch but you would be better served with the 5700X, not much price difference.
Beware, you may have to update BIOS before removing the older CPU, assuming you have an AM4 board.

=YOU HAVE THE R7 5700G=
Hi, by no means the Polaris is a bad card even today, it all depends on what you play.

However...
you can get better, prices dropped hard on current GEN, I wouldn't wait and I would buy now.

=YOU HAVE NONE OF THE ABOVE=
If the budget is limited, lower the processor to a 5600X and get a better GPU.

=ALTERNATE REALITY=
You already have the combo and there's nothing wrong with it.

The Englishman
0 Likes

i already have Ryzen 7 5700g

0 Likes

and if I combine Ryzen7 5700g with RX 6600 XT? is that a better combination?
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Yes, you can use them together.  Although, if you can afford to upgrade the GPU to run the latest games on the market, I would strongly recommend it.  If your on a budget and have to save up first then use what you have there until you can afford the new upgrade.  How long does it take to install a new GPU, 5 minutes max.

0 Likes

and if I combine Ryzen7 5700g with RX 6600 XT? is that a better combination?
0 Likes

Go to AMD's home page and compare the 6600 series cards and get what meets your budget.  Just a little info on prices, the 6600XT will cost about $50-$60 more than the 6600 and the 6650 will run about $100 more.  Jump on newegg.com site and compare for yourself.  

Now this is my opinion based on past experience.  I would recommend that you avoid XFX.  Not to say that the cards are bad but if you have problems, service is near non-existent.  I recommend MSI, ASUS, SAPHIRE, GIGABYTE, name brand cards from manufacturers that provide very good to descent service.