cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SwankyTiger
Adept I

AQUA 7900 XTX ISSUES

I'm having issues running simple games. They run and then crash. I can't use my multi monitor setup because it will cause the card to crash. I've checked every single part of my system thinking it was something else causing the issue but it's not. it's the card. Is this a defect? temps are great, so overheating isn't causing the issue. Even the junction temps re good.
System:
Ryzen 9 5900x
X570 Steel legend
16gb Trident Z Royal
1000w Maingear PSU

0 Likes
6 Replies
Moist
Adept III

It sounds very close to the symptoms I was having and it ended up being my 1250Inwin platinum power supply. That power supply still works fine for my 6900XT and 3090.  Just to confirm you have tried another power supply with your issue? 

0 Likes

No I haven't. I need to do that.. is 1000w not enough? Or is it just the quality.?

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Do you have individual cables going to each 8-pin on the card?

0 Likes

Yes I do. It has 3 eight pin connectors. Each one has it's own table going to it

good! I think 1000w is plenty of power. 

I am sure someone has been through this. Might just be settings or corrupted driver. Were you able to run any benchmarks? Is that where you are getting your temps from? I'm curious after your able to start playing a game if temps stay good.

0 Likes

Yea I ran benchmarks, stress test, even gaming The GPU doesn't get hot. But if I'm in a game long enough it will black screen and restart.

0 Likes