cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cerealkiller
Adept I

Apex Legends crashes with the 0x887A0006 error code on RX580

Its been more than a month by now since I've got this issue. The game randomly freezes for a few seconds, crashes to desktop, shows a blackscreen for a few seconds and then I get the 0x887A0006 error code. I've used the report tool everytime I got this crash. I can't be the only one who has been experiencing this issue. I've already did my research and I saw that some other people also reported the same issue on this forum. Its already been more than a month and we already got at least 3 different driver updates in the meantime, yet still no fix -_-

0 Likes
8 Replies
cerealkiller
Adept I

Also apart from this issue, sometimes if I start recording, it doesn't record and everything freezes for a few seconds, then I get the report tool screen because of the crash. When this happens, I can't record anymore unless I restart my pc. It's annoying, happens randomly, happens everyday a few times.
Such a mess.

0 Likes
cerealkiller
Adept I

UPDATE : In another topic @rawintellect suggested turning off Hardware Acceleration on apps such as Discord,Chrome,Steam,Spotify etc... With their suggestion I turned it off 2 days ago and have been playing without a single crash. It seems like the game is no longer crashing with the hardware acceleration off on apps.

Again, you're welcome. Now if you could go bump my topic here and/or give it a like so it stays up top and the devs see it that would be awesome!

I have disabled everything for hardware acceleration besides steam because idk where that option is. Is it enable GPU accelerated rendering in web views in the interface tab?

0 Likes

Yep. Also uncheck "Enable hardware video decoding"

0 Likes

Done. Sorry for being late a bit. Didn't check the forum since then.

perfctly
Elite

hate to say, but that does not fix the error we are dealing with on apex, sadly

0 Likes

just for the record, it crashed again and it keeps crashing a lot. when it crashes, my recording is being cancelled and I can't start recording until I restart my pc. It feels "amazing" to get a crash in Fragment East when I have 8+ kills 2k dmg 9 squads left. It sometimes crashes at the most ridicilous times like I'm about to hit a PK shot to someone's head after I did a Mantle Super Jump 180 Tap Strafe to the roof. Ffff

0 Likes