cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vysotzky
Journeyman III

Aorus RX5700XT fans completely stopped working

Since I bought this card its fans always went 100% when pc was booting up. Few day ago it stopped doing so and when I was playing I discovered that in Radeon Software fans speed is shown as N/A and the card is overheating. Currently I have 22.5.2 drivers. I haven't tried using older ones yet. It seems like the card isn't responding to any fans control. I tried with MSI Afterburner and Aorus Engine and failed. I tried using the bios switch to check OC and Silent mode to see if it would change anything. It didn't. I don't know if it's some kind of hardware issue of drivers are causing this weird behavior. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

When you mentioned that the GPU Fans used to run during POST or when first booting up this is normal since BIOS is checking your GPU Card.

But now you mentioned that the GPU fans DO NOT RUN at POST like before. This is not a software issue since at boot up there are no software loaded since Windows hasn't started loading up yet. It is just BIOS running.

So you have a hardware issue with your GPU card. I would check the GPU card for any damage or discoloration. I would also physically check the Fans on the GPU and its connection to the GPU if possible without taking it apart.

Check to make sure both PSU Power cables to the GPU card has a good connection. A loose PSU power cable can prevent the fans from running.

If you don't see any wrong I suggest your open a RMA Ticket with the Manufacturer of the GPU card and have them check the card out for you.

To eliminate your PC as the culprit I would test your GPU card on another PC, either family or friends or computer shop,  to see if the same thing occurs. If it does then you most likely have a defective GPU Fans or card.

0 Likes

Gigabyte Warranty has a 3 year Warranty on your GPU Card: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/Warranty/Graphics-Card

Screenshot 2022-06-01 124724.png

0 Likes
meggyq123
Journeyman III

The same thing on the asus 5700 with the driver 22.5.2 .. roll back to 22.5.1, the problem will disappear