cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

infinityvive
Newcomer

Anyone else noticed how messy AMD 20.4.2 is?

I have an XFX RX 570 4 GB that I was running on AMD 20.2.1 and I decided to upgrade drivers to 20.4.2, since then a lot of weird stability issues have been happening to my card, a lot of hangs in games that happens every 4~6 mins and lasts for around 2 seconds in games like GTA V, storage is probably the cause as my SSD goes full load when the hang happens, but I still got a slight doubt it's the drivers, my undervolt is no longer stable with GTA V after that driver update, At lower clock speeds which are 300~1000 MHz one frame each 1~2 hours gives an artifact, it may not be noticeable for most but it's enough for me to notice it, I will attach how the artifact looks like, also the frame rate in that case of instability in games like GTA V the frame rate counter looks fine but the frame rate from how it looks goes like a roller coaster between 65 and 35 FPS every 0.25 second

And before I updated the drivers to 20.4.2 none of these issues happened, so did anyone notice how messy AMD 20.4.2 is yet or it's just me?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

no issues with any drivers to date,now on 20.5.1

0 Likes
ecip
Journeyman III

I'm on 20.4.2, and it seems to have fixed the folding@home/BOINC screen hangs/freezes for me. Havent had an issue in 8 days. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
ecip
Journeyman III

Yep, ok, I see what you're saying.

Just played some World of Warships, and every couple minutes or so I get a half a second or so freeze. Like a studder.

I'm really glad that it fixed the one thing, but whatever they did to fix that seems to have caused another.

Edit:

All known issues, apparently. The 20.5.1 driver eliminates:
Lighting corruption may be seen when moving your mouse in Grand Theft Auto™5 with Radeon Boost enabled.

That may be your issue?

Also known is, and is being looked at:
Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

0 Likes