cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

victor_bijoy
Adept II

Any 5700xt users with samsung chg70 monitor !?

I'm getting poor hdr color in most of the games except assasins creed odyssy using 5700xt with samsung chg70 monitor but i got better hdr color accuracy using my previous nvidia 1080gtx with same monitor. I'm not sure is amd hdr not great like nvidia hdr or is this hdr color accuracy problem related with new 5700xt driver ?

55 Replies
phoenixnlx
Adept I

Still same issue with latest 19.12.1 drivers....

It's all dull colours and not right... Too bad AMD still hasn't figured this out!

0 Likes
kaotik
Adept II

Soo, apparently 19.12.2 aka Adrenalin 2020 broke my HDR, but different from how it used to be broken.

Desktop looks just fine, I can also play HDR videos without issues both in stand-alone player and in YouTube (with Edge browser).

However, games are a bit different story.

Running fullscreen, Overwatch uses DisplayPort HDR -mode for whatever reason, but on earlier drivers it still looked just fine. Now it's all washed out and "bland" in fullscreen. Borderless Windowed seemed to work fine though, but it crashed on me (hopefully that was just onetime crash)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is darker than it should be and I think it was a bit "bland" too, enabling or disabling HDR in game settings messes up the screen, making it bright and "burned" with excessive contrast even in Windows after quiting the game until I reboot the system.

edit: Did the "clean install" (factory reset it's called now I think), didn't help
edit2: Did clean install on previous set I used (19.10.2 I think it was), everything works like it used to. 

0 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what I’m seeing. What a total joke this driver release is.

I’m seeing this in Battlefield 5. Only way I can play the game is to disable HDR.

I will point out the readme file for this driver release states enabling radeon image sharpening may cause the issues we appear to be seeing. I disabled this feature. Good news is if the monitor is in standard engine mode the game looks better but is still way to dark. Going back to desktop works like it should. If I put the freesync in enhanced engine, the problems come back and if I drop to desktop, it looks so bad I have to reboot.

I hope I can go back to the older driver.

A major driver release and AMD takes a major step backwards. When I bought this monitor, I had an Nvidia card. It worked well and all looked fine with this monitor (minus Freesync support as Nvidia didn’t support it at the time). Vega 64 worked absolutely fine with this monitor as well, HDR and Freesync. I get the 5700xt and this is what I get.

This has set my mind to head back to Nvidia. If AMD can’t deliver better than this, they are in serious trouble.

Chris Smith

same here, same monitor and 5700xt and getting regrets for buying AMD graphic cards... was fine with nvidia

cant make HDR to work normaly in BF V , COD MW , even win 10

0 Likes

dajc83 wrote:

same here, same monitor and 5700xt and getting regrets for buying AMD graphic cards... was fine with nvidia

cant make HDR to work normaly in BF V , COD MW , even win 10

The thing which kills me is the Vega 64 worked fantastically well with this monitor, Freesync, HDR, and everything.

That's the infuriating part of this and helps to lay the blame squarely on AMD's shoulders...

Chris Smith

0 Likes
vetrelec
Journeyman III

Hello guys, 1 month I have totally new PC with 5700XT pulse and C32HG70 monitor and Im occuring the same problem.

1) HDR is not working correctly (causing totally grey colours or opposite totally overbrightness colours) but I can live with that. what worse is issue 2

2) in windows no problem but when I start game I get random input signal loss, the DP is blinking on and off, i change cable aswell but didnt help. ( as Crist Smith wrote I figured out its same issue this happens after monitor goes to sleep) so I will turn sleep mode off and hopefully I get fix now.

Im so pissed right now to get this combination of graphic card and monitor.. 

Petr

0 Likes

Same problems here - COD MW only works with hdr and freesync.. World of warcraft wont work, Dota 2---

still no fix from AMD drivers... to bad i bought 5700xt

0 Likes

Hi Petr,

I can’t believe I didn’t notice this response before. Thanks for confirming the behavior I am seeing where the random signal losses and such show up after the monitor has gone to sleep. I think you are the first person to confirm that.

Regarding the first issue, I saw this stuff too and I’ll mention some stuff I did. I’m not 100% sure which of the following was the fix or perhaps it was everything or some combination of everything.

- Turn off all overlays!! This includes the overlays built into AMD’s own drivers. Anything that comes up will cause this issue. In fact, during the game, this will happen if you change the volume with a keyboard or something because an overlay shows up causing you to see the volume level (typically in the upper left corner of the screen). Once the volume display goes away the colors go back to normal. If you have any software which shows any performance metrics while you play the game, such as FPS counters or temperature displays, disable those.

- Disable HDR in Windows. You don’t need to enable it within Windows anyway.

- Disable Windows Game Bar. It may also contain an overlay as well.

Let us know what happens.

Chris Smith

0 Likes
kaotik
Adept II

It's the drivers, when HDR works on 5700XT, it looks just the same as it does on NVIDIA

(and in all fairness, HDR isn't problem free on GeForces either)

0 Likes
danbutcher
Journeyman III

Release notes for new drivers 20.1.1:

Enabling HDR enabled displays in Windows® may cause colors to become washed out.

This is false, just tested and they are as washed as they were before. HDR never worked for me on RX 5700 XT from the moment i bought it and nothing changed.

0 Likes

U r right. I'm facing the same problem still in new driver

0 Likes

In my case 19.10.1 (I think it was) fixed it originally, 19.12.2/3 aka Adrenalin 2020 broke again and now Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1 fixed it again.

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse + Samsung C32HG70

All those overlay etc stuff couple posts above has never been the issue in my case.

0 Likes
victor_bijoy
Adept II

a number of drivers has been released but no improvement of hdr color in youtube video and gaming for 5700xt. Totally washed out. Really disappointing. Finally it seems to me 5700xt hdr is broken !

0 Likes
victor_bijoy
Adept II

Previous rx580 rx590 hdr color in youtube hdr videos and hdr games was great. Still AMD are unable to resolve it for 5700xt.

0 Likes
phoenixnlx
Adept I

Its still broken on my 5700xt and samsung C32HG70... Washed out, or too bright....

latest drivers 20.2.2

yendys
Adept II

Its still broken on my Nitro+ 5700XT and Samsung C27HG70... Washed out, or too bright....

Latest drivers 20.3.1
(clean install windows and all updates and new drivers as well as latest FW)

0 Likes