cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

victor_bijoy
Adept II

Any 5700xt users with samsung chg70 monitor !?

I'm getting poor hdr color in most of the games except assasins creed odyssy using 5700xt with samsung chg70 monitor but i got better hdr color accuracy using my previous nvidia 1080gtx with same monitor. I'm not sure is amd hdr not great like nvidia hdr or is this hdr color accuracy problem related with new 5700xt driver ?

55 Replies
bigyundol
Adept I

Re: Any 5700xt users with samsung chg70 monitor !?

My C32HG70 is not able to activate HDR-support properly with Radeon 5700 XT.
It worked well with the prior old R9 Fury X.

It seems to be a driver issue.

victor_bijoy
Adept II

are you facing same thing in hdr like me ? fade grey color and purple color instead of getting blue color ?

wiza
Journeyman III

Having problems with my Samsung C32HG70 and 5700 XT. Freesync 2 HDR doesn't work properly. Worked fine with Vega 64, so this seems like a driver issue.

bigyundol
Adept I

My monitor isn't able to activate HDR-mode. So I see for example very brightenend colors if I activate HDR in Win10-properties and the monitor shows only "Display Port" instead of "Display Port HDR".

Driver 19.7.5

0 Likes
grifers
Adept II

I have a Benq ex3203r (monitor like yours) and same problem, HDR + freesync dont work fine (Forza Horizon 4 for example). 5700xt too

0 Likes
bigyundol
Adept I

With updated Driver to version 19.8.1 and installed Windows Update 18362.267 (KB4505903), HDR still don't work on Samsung C32HG70
I'm able to switch to HDR-Mode in Windows like in prior driver version too, but the Monitor displays still only SDR-quality.

victor_bijoy
Adept II

i'm using chg70 27 inch version. i'm getting display port hdr during playing hdr game but facing washed and inaccurate color in games. Again hdr to sdr auto swicthing after closing hdr game is not working properly in most of games. Amd should fix this random hdr issues with proper driver as soon as possible for the hdr gamers. Without getting proper hdr color this 5700xt card is totally useless and waste of money to me now as my previous hdr experience with nvidia 1080 gtx was good.

bigyundol
Adept I

HDR still don't work with driver version 19.8.2 on C32HG70

victor_bijoy
Adept II

Its really sad for hdr gamers of 5700xt users. I'm also suffering a lot with C27HG70. Please AMD fix this.