cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

fluffster
Adept I

Re: AMD Warranty does not support give aways

I need an RMA based on what support said in my ticket.

And you are not correct in your assumption.. I have bought AMD CPUs in the past as well I have bought other AMD products.. I just didnt buy that card.. 

I dont get why people seem like I am attacking their beliefs.. I am not.. I am not saying your AMD's are bad.. I am saying... I have now had bad support experience for an AMD device.. That has caused me considerable faith collapse in them as a company.. And posted here in hopes one of their support people would read it and understand it is not good business..

With that said.. I am not here to attack anyone else or to be attacked. I simply have said my customer experience story.. 

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

...still not saying what's the card problem ...

0 Likes
apc900
Adept II

The whole argument about whether the card was won or purchased is stupid. The whole warranty issue surrounding products in this country, truly goes to show how little rights consumers really have. This should not be about if the card was purchased first hand or second hand. That is also stupid. What this tells me is that a company...any company (not just AMD) will side-step their responsibility, if a rule is not enacted and enforced. The 6000 series is not at an age where even one card is 'outside' of the warranty period. It is a brand new product. Short of a modification which caused damage, any product withing the allocated warranty interval ought to be repaired by whom ever manufactured it. Many card users are in for a rude awakening. Some of these folks will deny warranty on new products IF they're also not purchased from an APPROVED vendor as well.

When was the last time you asked a selling entity if they were an approved vendor? I'd humbly suggest you start asking...for your own protection. The division I work for just went through this same thing with PNY on a brand 'spanking' new but defective GTX card. Though it wasn't my money, it set a tone on customer loyalty for me. I personally will never buy another PNY product and I've owned several in the past. Customer loyalty is important.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend you contact the AMD employee at the email address you received to handle this issue. 

If you send me the email address via Direct Message I will forward your case.

elstaci
MVP

Some manufacturers (rare though) do allow for a Warranty to be transferred if their product is sold to someone else. But the majority of Manufacturers state in their Warranties that the Warranty is only effective for the Original Owners with an official Retail/Vendor receipt and non-transferable.

Why does just about all Manufacturers have this Non-transferable clause in their Warranties, I don't know.

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

yup had the same problem with warranty not transferable , i had to rma a faulty 6800xt that i purchased second hand with the bill from a guy who bought it directly from amd... but if the guy is serious , you just have to tell him you rma , and he send it back to you when he receive it , and i had chance on that ... but if you're not aware of that , don't buy second hand with bills from U.S lol !!... but some companies also refuse to rma when the card as been unmounted (mine was watercooled , so the warranty sticker wasn't there anymore) and amd didn't make any problem with this .. so matter of case ... but in any case this card was free ... and i would like to know what type of problem it has (more info then just "crash", to see if it's a crash that can happen or a crash indicated reall hardware problem ... curiosity)

btw in france the warranty is allways transferable , it's on the product ... non transferable warranty may help to avoid scalpers i think , but i was not aware of that when i bought mine from the guy , so i was lucky he was ok

fluffster
Adept I

If I knew how to send a private message I would.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Look at the top where the large AMD with a upwards diagonal arrow is. Go all the way to the Right and you will a Mail icon. Click on the Mail icon.

Click on "New Message"

Screenshot 2021-02-25 172735.png

When the new windows opens, type in the "Send To" - RAY_M (A list of names should pop up. Choose the one that say RAY_M)

Type in the Subject and then type your message and click on Send :

Screenshot 2021-02-25 172735.png

fluffster
Adept I

Thanks, but I do not see that.. I see the bell and the AMD logo on the top right..

nomessage.jpg

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Then I don't know what to tell you.

This is the way the new AMD Format looks like now and is what is showing for me.

0 Likes