cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fluffster
Adept I

AMD Warranty does not support give aways

So, I won an AMD give away for a Radeon 6800 XT.. AMAZING!! I thought AMD is awesome..

I got the card.. Worked great for two weeks.. Then just crashes left and right.. Open a support ticket with them.

They tell me DDU install this version.. I do that.. Still crashing.. Send them tons of crash reports.

They tell me this seems hardware.. They will need to RMA it.. They ask for proof of purchase

I tell them I won it from THEM! (Not from some random company.. BUT AMD ITSELF, gave them the persons email from AMD that gave it to me)

They tell and I quote "please note warranty service is not applicable for the give away products"

Amazing.. So.. Basically AMD gives away garbage and hopes that is going to build brand loyalty? I have a 700$ card that is useless.. Wasted time installing and debugging all these issues.. If anything.. I have a very bad taste in my mouth from AMD...

I went from wow.. Pretty sure my next processor is going to be a Threadripper to I will never buy an AMD product EVER again, and will be sure to tell my friends the same.

It is weird how optics change how you feel about a company..

Service Request:8201061100 

0 Likes
26 Replies