cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

crashdog
Adept I

AMD Vega 64 on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme ?

Hello,

I'm not shure in which Forum this question is right to ask as it involves the mainboard and the graphiccard.

But I have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard and trying to get my AMD Gigabyte Vega 64 to work with it. When booting up the displays stay dark and it appears to get stuck before It reaches the point where I could enter the BIOS setup. From a requirement perspective the mobo has PCI 3.0 Gen 3 built in. As far as I could see on the spect for the Vega 64 that should be sufficient. The PSU is an Corsair AX1200.

I had the Vega running on an P8Z77-PRO V which also has PCI 3.0 Gen 3. The Rampage mobo works with a Firepro W7100. So basically I don't think that any parts are broken. So the question is: what could I have forgotten to do during installation to get this to work ?

Also the Logo "RADEON" lights up. But the GPUTach leds stay off.

Kind Regards,

Gerhard

0 Likes
1 Solution
crashdog
Adept I

The Vega 64 card does physically not fit into the Asus Rampage IV Extreme. The SATA and Subzero Sense connectors are to high, so the Vega 64 cards cannot be slided straight into the PCI-E slot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

What happens if you put the Firepro in the topmost PCIe slot and Vega in a lower slot?

0 Likes

The Firepro is then running normally and the Vega is ignored. Like it's not even there... except for the RADEON leds that are lightning up.

0 Likes

If it's not detected and you're sure all the power cables are connected properly, then it's faulty.

0 Likes
crashdog
Adept I

The Vega 64 card does physically not fit into the Asus Rampage IV Extreme. The SATA and Subzero Sense connectors are to high, so the Vega 64 cards cannot be slided straight into the PCI-E slot.

0 Likes