cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mdasrichristopher
Journeyman III

AMD (TM) R5 M330 Windows 10 update

First of all, i bought a laptop with 2 graphic cards inside it which are AMD (TM) R5 M330 and AMD (TM) Graphics. Then i updated my laptop through Windows Update. After that, there was an update for my graphic cards driver which change my AMD (TM) R5 M330 into AMD (TM) R5 M430. By looking at the properties of the the driver, it stated that the update provided was from Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Then, after the update, my Radeon Adrenalin can't run.  It seems that AMD are providing the wrong update for my graphic drivers. When i rollback the update, by then my Radeon Adrenalin could open up. =(

0 Likes
1 Reply
r_23z
Journeyman III

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I had a similar problem in the past with an AMD R7 m265 that changed model to m260 after installing the driver, and it was a pain to fix. Luckily, I think your problem is easy to solve with the current tools. I suggest you follow these steps:

1. Download AMD Cleanup Utility and the latest driver for your graphics card from the AMD website.
  2. Disconnect your internet.
  3. Run AMD Cleanup Utility and click "Restart in safe mode."
  4. When you enter safe mode, log in, wait for the AMD tool to run, click "Next," and wait for all AMD drivers to be deleted. It will then prompt you to restart your computer again by clicking "Restart" again.
  5. At this point, you will return to normal Windows mode with no AMD drivers installed. Don't connect to the internet yet.
  6. Run the driver for your graphics card that you downloaded from the AMD website, install it, and restart your computer.

At this point, everything will be installed correctly and you can now reconnect to the internet.

To prevent this type of problem in the future, I recommend that you enable the "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" option in gpedit.msc, in the path "Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Update." This will prevent Windows Update from installing the incorrect AMD driver.

Unfortunately, gpedit.msc is only available in Windows Pro versions. If you have the Home version, I suggest you look for methods to prevent Windows Update from including drivers with Windows updates from Regedit.

0 Likes