cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aruizm0
Adept I

AMD ryzen 5 does not support 5120x1440p resolution?

Hi for all,

recently i bought un Huawei Matebook 14 with the APU Ryzen 5 4600H.
I have a monitor with 32:9 format an 5120x1440p resolution and y can not output in this resolution.
Any help with this please? is posible to output this resolution with this APU?

I try trought de hdmi conector with wire hdmi 2.0 and try too trought de ucb-c to HDMI with a wire thats support 4k@60hz and in the two cases do not works.

thanks and regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

The problem was solved with a wire usb-c -> DP 1.4
Now I have 5120x1440@60Hz working fine.
Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

What version if HDMI is the port itself? It is possible that it does not support 4K and similar resolutions itself, not the cable. 

OK so i googled it. 

The HDMI port is only version 1.4 so it supports maximum 4K@30FPS. The cable doesn't matter. 

eFermi

Thanks for you help.

Can you send me the url that you can see the spects of the HDMI port in the huawei Matebook 14 2020? I look in the Huawei web and for me was imposible to find.

In my case is not the problem the 30FPS o 60FPS, the problem was that is imposible to output 5120x1440p with any FPS rate.

Regards

0 Likes

You should probably ask the official Huawei support, not forum users. Since 5120x1440 is less total pixel amount than 3840x2160, it should support 30Hz output IN THEORY. Practically, it is impossible to say. Maybe try some really old driver versions for your machine GPU. This problem seems rather unique - I couldn't find valid solutions by a simple search. 

I buy today a usc-c -> DP 1.4 wire, tomorrow  come to my house and I will test if it works or not.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

0 Likes

The problem was solved with a wire usb-c -> DP 1.4
Now I have 5120x1440@60Hz working fine.
Regards