cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PKD
Adept I

AMD RX6600XT Black Screen and Crashing (Rarely Blue Screen) - Please help

Hi guys, just checking if someone have the same problem as me and if anyone could help. I have purchased 6600XT for a month now and always have this annoying issues.
1. When I Alt + Tab there is a chance that my pc will turn to black screen and the game will crash, but I could still hear the sound of the game. (I need to end task that program and open it again which this happened to every games I played.)

2. Sometime when I played some game like Genshin Impact or DotA, my screen blink rapidly (not crashing just the brightness blinking like when you open your smartphone. 

3. When I watched Netflix sometimes it is lagging, turn to black screen, then jump forward for a few second and sometime even crashed my PC. 

My PC Spec

• Window 11 Pro 64-bit
  • 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), 2.1 GHz
  • AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
  • 16384 MB Ram

This is my second time using AMD which I think I'm pretty new here so looking for an expert to help. (first was not so good but I was using a laptop at that time so I thought I would give it another go) 

7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It could be a video card driver issue.  You should check for updates of the AMD Adrenalin Edition software for Windows 10 / 11.  But also try another video cable (Are you using HDMI or Displayport?), and even another monitor if you have one available.  Even try going from HDMI to Displayport, or Displayport to HDMI.  These are some quick things to check.

Did you have any problems with your previous video card?  Are you using a quality PSU?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

It could be a video card driver issue.  You should check for updates of the AMD Adrenalin Edition software for Windows 10 / 11. 
But also try another video cable (Are you using HDMI or Displayport?), and even another monitor if you have one available.  Even try going from HDMI to Displayport, or Displayport to HDMI.  These are some quick things to check.
I didn't try another video cable yet but I have the latest version of my AMD Adrenalin Edition in window 11.

Did you have any problems with your previous video card?  Are you using a quality PSU?
Well I brought a new pc so I'm not sure about the video card and yes I used a quality power supply.

Do you have any other suggestion cause I don't think it is from the HDMI or the display port

0 Likes

The card may be faulty, if nothings works, try changing it for another one, and it may work better.

0 Likes
mianranna
Journeyman III

same issu

0 Likes

did u fix it yet?

0 Likes
S0AP
Journeyman III

AMD RX6600XT same problem, will crush my game.

also when I am only online surfing, will black screen.

Already using latest driver.

0 Likes
CyroBoi
Journeyman III

RX 6700XT, same problem 

0 Likes