Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

joshii
Journeyman III

AMD RX5700XT crash to black/green screen

I get random black/green screens on my rx5700xt

(I have had this system for 10 months, issues started after 6ish)

Specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU - AORUS RX 5700XT

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz

MOBO - Asus Strix B550-A

PSU - Corsair 550w PSU (might be the issue?)

What I’ve already done:

Use DDU properly by disabling network cards and booting into safe mode then removing drivers and reinstalling them (also chipset drivers for mobo too).

Checked power draw from wall and AMD software – Wall draws 350-460w at peak and GPU says 70w

Games I’ve had this issue with the most:

BF2042 (high and medium graphics) Every time I ult tab

Warzone (medium settings) When I stream or ult tab more than 2 times

R6 (high settings) but only like 3 times

Valorant (high settings) 2 times

Apex (medium settings/comp settings) Once

Description of the issue:

In short when I play some games or even browsing the internet (YouTube, Twitch, etc.) my main monitor that uses a display port and has free sync enabled goes black and my second monitor that uses HDMI with no free sync goes green. I can hear audio from my pc with no lag, I hear my friends talk on discord or the audio from twitch or whatever, but both my screens just go black and green. I’m thinking it could be the PSU because AMD does say 600w on their website. Also, it might be worth adding that I have really good cooling inside my pc, temps never seem to be crazy for AMD hardware. I’m really stuck here because I wanted this PC to be not touched for at least 2-3 years but now people are telling me to sell my GPU and get a new one but supply chain issues said SIKE. Someone, please help.

https://imgur.com/a/hMngWtf

0 Likes
8 Replies
Aeyesi
Adept I

Let's think about it differently -> What has really changed in your case?

Obviously not hardware, but software could!

What driver version are you using? Recommended ones or optional ones?

Personally I think...5700XT got SAM support boosting its performance, its nowdays more precious than selling the GPU,

It is better to have a good card then having no card at all.

0 Likes

Hmm interesting, I only recently enabled SAM from my mobo bios and I've had this issue before hand so idk if I'm being honest. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 600 watt power supply is suggested for my RX5700XT, I use a 750 Gold +. If you use MSAA and / or anti-aliasing in the game, you should reduce these to low, with 8x Msaa the FPS is only a good 30 at core clock 2060, without it it is 170 FPS with KT1860. Because of the different graphics machines of the games, I set the corresponding parameters with the MSI Afterburner, with Cyberpunk 2077 core clock 1905 (2100) and core voltage 1200 (1184). With the standard settings, the game kept crashing during the video sequences. The default values in brackets are automatically set again after a graphics driver crash with a restart. FurMark can be used to test your profiles. In any case, do not install the adrenaline software interface, it creates even more problems. With msconfig I disabled the two AMD services.

0 Likes
DazzleSerg
Journeyman III

I started getting this issue as well after updating windows last night. Not sure what the problem is. Exact same issues are you are having as well.

0 Likes
DazzleSerg
Journeyman III

Uninstalling the recent windows updates fixed it for me. As well as going back once on the AMD Drivers. 

Did both at the same time so I'm not sure which was the issue.

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-uninstall-a-windows-10-update

0 Likes

The 5000 series is overclocked via Radeon Software by default.
You can have a look at this post I made, for detailed info.

One easy way to gain a stable RX 5700 XT behavior is to reduce the max boost
clock down to the manufacture's rated boost clock (around 1905 MHz and 1100 mV).

You can change this by enabling the manual performance tuning within Radeon Software
and changing the "P3" power state to 1905 MHz and 1100 mV.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly how I do it, my GiBy RX5700XT has 1770 Basis, 1905 Game and 2010 Boost. I don't have any problems in Windows itself, but it took a while to find the right graphics setting for the current game (Cyberpunk 2077; 1770 MHz + 1100mV). There are many video sequences in this game, which the Radeon driver still cannot cope with!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of the games graphics machines, I tried a lot with Cyberpunk 2077, for example, with a core clock of 2100 and core voltage of 1200 (max. For RX5700XT) and optimized cooling, this game runs very reliably. The problems in this game are the frequent video sequences, which the Radeon driver still has problems with. You can also deactivate both of AMD in Services!

0 Likes