Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

annunity
Journeyman III

Amd rx 6800 black screen and displayport not working

Hey noobie here.

Was lucky enough to get a sapphire rx 6800 reference design. I installed the 20.11.2 driver. However, I get these flicking black screens on Microsoft flight simulator 2020 and for gta 5 it goes black screen so I cannot even play. Everything is running stock and I have a brand new 750w corsair rmx series psu. I am using an i7 4790k, asrock h97m anniversary edition, 16gb ddr3 memory with windows 10 pro version 2004. I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers as well.

Also for some reason the displayport does not seem to be able to display 3440x1440. I am using a dp 1.8 3m cable. I have tried both of the displayport outputs. I have used a hdmi cable and it seems to work fine.

Cheers

0 Likes
2 Replies
annunity
Journeyman III

If anyone is curious. Turning off freesync on radeon settings and monitor fixed it. Cheers

@annunity wrote:

Hey noobie here.

Was lucky enough to get a sapphire rx 6800 reference design. I installed the 20.11.2 driver. However, I get these flicking black screens on Microsoft flight simulator 2020 and for gta 5 it goes black screen so I cannot even play. Everything is running stock and I have a brand new 750w corsair rmx series psu. I am using an i7 4790k, asrock h97m anniversary edition, 16gb ddr3 memory with windows 10 pro version 2004. I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers as well.

Also for some reason the displayport does not seem to be able to display 3440x1440. I am using a dp 1.8 3m cable. I have tried both of the displayport outputs. I have used a hdmi cable and it seems to work fine.

Cheers

as other user said turn off AMD freesync and clean your driver with AMD tools reinstall it and make sure you never pick gaming mode until they fix it .  make sure form advance option check the factory reset when you are installing the driver 

0 Likes