Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

benauvage
Adept I

AMD RX 5700 xt black screen freezing while gaming

Hello,

first of all sorry for my bad english and i hope u guys will understand it.

i bough an Asus Radeon TUF3-RX5700XT like 2 weeks ago, everything was ok at the beginning.

I played like league of legends/some mmorpgs/Warframe and some other games, everything worked pretty fine with no issues.

I downloaded yesterday Destiny 2 and now i have some issues what really annoys me.

In between 3-40 minutes randomly into the game i'm getting a black screen where litterly everything is freezes.

Like no mouse controle, no sound in background nothing, littrely dead.

My Monitor is still getting power and connection, but its frozen.

In titles like Borderlands 3, the same issue. after a while black screen and dead, nothing no response.

I tried everything, FreeSync off, vsync off, setting the frame limit at the amount of my monitor hz (144), DDU the driver and install some older version, littrely nothing helps, im still getting random black screens in titles like Destiny 2 or Borderlands 3. As i said, games like League of Legends/Dota2/Warframe/Vindictus/CSGO no problem, everything works really nice.

My PC Specs:

Intel Core I5-6600k stock no OC

MSI Z170 Motherboard Gaming Pro Carbon

Asus Radeon TUF3-RX5700XT

16 GB DDR 4 Crosair Vengeance LPX

500GB SSD

1TB HDD

MSI Optix Mag241c 144hz monitor

I'm not sure if the Graphicscard itself is broken or it's a Driver Problem or any other Problem.

I really appreciate any help.

Kind regards 

Ben

0 Likes
4 Replies
shawntyq
Adept I

hi, im getting the same issues, what i did was to limit the FPS to 80-100 with my overwatch and it worked fine.

thats the only temporary solution i had in mind, ill will update bios and switch pci slot once im free.

Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

powercolor 5700xt red devil 16GB

Corsair Pro RGB 3200MHz (2*8GB)

512GB Lexar SSD Toshiba 

Seasonic Core 650watt Gold

hey,

i`ve already switched my pci slot, set the fps and hz to 60 eventho i have a 144 hz monitor.

Like littrely, im out of ideas :/

What Driver version do you use?

0 Likes

im using 19.9.2 

currently im playing my overwatch @ 100fps 144hz. while ill wait once im free to reset my card and update bios.

u can try setting your pci express to 3 instead of auto or 4. 

or

undervolting,underclocking your card,increase power limit and etc, play around with it and see if it helps.

if not try to see the similarities the games have. destiny 2 and borderlands are much more taxing than the rest of the games you mentioned.

hey, i already tried setting pci e 3 from auto, also did not helped.

Undervolting i have not tried that yet, ill give it a try.

im going to let u know, ty for ur help.

0 Likes