Graphics

virusm
Journeyman III

Re: AMD RX 570 Red Devil 4GB DDR5 Black screen at 70 degrees

Thank you! So far it works wonders.

virusm
Journeyman III

After a windows reinstall, i've added the same settings. The problem still occurs. Any suggestions before i begin hammering it?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There may be two reasons for the problem you are having. First, the low core voltage. The second is the high core frequency. Apply 1244Mhz 1150mV values with WattMan. The problem will likely disappear.

0 Likes
virusm
Journeyman III

I underclocked it and undervoltaged it with -20% and -10 and it works fine for now, but low performance. I heard it could be a driver issue.

0 Likes
virusm
Journeyman III

It already is on 1150mV when i have it at 1244Mhz

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If lowering the GPU core power increases stabilization, your PSU may be inadequate. So, the cause of the problem you are experiencing may not be the driver. AMD GPUs do not determine the core voltage relative to the PSU.

0 Likes
virusm
Journeyman III

Well, that was working for a day, tried a better psu, and it seemed like the psu wasn't an issue, before i reinstalled my windows, everything was working well with and without your given settings, sometimes i left it as stock with 1320Mhz and it worked fine. I've began thinking it is a driver issue, because i read on many other sites saying that windows interferes with the gpu driver somehow. I've put it underload by watching 4k videos and it was stable, only when playing games it black screens. The temperatures are stable somehow. Tried both +50 and -50 Power but none seem to work. If you have any more ideas about what it could be, that would be great, i've ran out of options.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I'm not only using AMD. But I used it similar to your system. AMD GPUs override the values written on paper for PSU, and in general all GPUs experience performance issue, ie frame drop problems with Chrome. I can only suggest that... Do not use MSI AfterBurner and do not use GPU hardware acceleration. Do not run Chrome in the background while playing games. And reset WattMan settings, don't change any WattMan settings or don’t increase the GPU power, or use standard clock values.

0 Likes