Hello. I bought a video card PowerColor RX 480 8 Gb, but faced with the problem:
1. Often when you start the computer the monitor does not displays the image and the monitor reports no signal. When you disconnect the HDMI cable and re plugging it in, the image appears on the monitor.
2. Often during the games, and the Internet goes blank for 2-3 seconds. The impression that the video card is not properly defines the connection of displays with the result that disables output via HDMI 2.0.
3. The problem is of a continuing nature.
Need help in solving the problem, otherwise, I will have to pass on the warranty as a factory defect.
CPU AMD FX-8350 Vishera
RAM DDR3-2400 16 Gb
PSU CHIEFTEC CFT-700-14CS
Please provide the following information so we can try to help.
For example, what is the make and mode of the display you are using? Are you using any adapters or dongles? Etc.
1. I don't use adapters. Connect the monitor directly via HDMI cable 2.0.
2. Режим дисплея 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
Output device image Samsung UE40F7000
Driver version 16.7.2 Crimson
Operating system, Windows 10 64
I also found that the performance of the video card (RX480) in games are worse than video card HD7970. Which tested Games: archeage, Lichdom Battlemage, Skyrim reincarnation.
The TV going black for a few seconds randomly would normally be caused by a faulty HDMI cable as could the none detection of the display.
A single RX 480 would be roughly 30 - 40% faster (possibly more in some titles) than a 7970 card in none CPU limited situations depending on the particular game and resolution etc.
Also, check Windows Device Manager. My DP 1.2 4K FS panel started doing the same, turns out it had become disabled in Device Manager.
I probably incorrectly expressed.
On the same computer with the same graphics settings in the game and with a resolution of 3840x2160.
One receiver 480 will be about 20 - 40% slower in some games:
RX 480 8Gb
In the game "Lichdom Battlemage" the drop in FPS to 10
In the game "Archeage" drop FPS to 22
3Dmark-11 to 17600
In the game "Lichdom Battlemage" the drop in FPS to 14
In the game "Archeage" drop FPS to 25
3Dmark-11 to 9650
I believe that the decreased performance from RX480 caused by the drivers because during the game the GPU do not rise above 935 Mhz. The stated frequency of 1260 Mhz. (apparently an attempt in the driver to solve the problem of power through the PCI-Express 16X). And only in the benchmarks results are good. Very sad.
What temperatures is the GPU running at while playing games? Have you changed any settings in Wattman?