Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

AMD Radeon Vega 56 GPU Usage

Hello together,

some months ago I got a new gpu a Vega 56. Today I noticed that my gpu usage is very low in all games. Between 50-90 utilization. And my cpu between 20-50 utilization.I think this is the reason why I got very low FPS. For example in AC Origins I got 30-40 FPS. All components got the latest drivers. Is this a bottleneck between my gpu and cpu? I hope someone can help me I invest many days to solve this problem.

My Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3,4 GHz

AMD Radeon Vega 56

16 GB DDR4 Ram

Smart RGB 600W

Thank you

Absolem95

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Re: AMD Radeon Vega 56 GPU Usage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for your help but I already test this options with no effect. The problem is not only in AC Origins. Does somebody has any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

I'm not trying to show you game settings. I am trying to show you that the game cannot perform good performance with your current hardware. In short, it is very normal for AC Origins game to give 40-50 FPS for you. There is a problem with the optimization of the game. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Yes I know but the problem is not only in Origins. In all games I play I got this problem. For example in the Witcher 3 I get 40-80 FPS but my gpu usage is between 50 - 80%. I dont know why. There is no game I play where I got 98-100% gpu usage. If I get higher gpu usage my card can reach higher FPS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

There is no problem for Witcher 3 game. Make sure the game is full screen. Check if there is anything in the background loading your processor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Yes I checked the whole web I know this video and It didn't help me. I think there is a problem with the card. It doesn't matter if I play with high or low settings. My gpu usage can't reached 90%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Go to the Userbenchmark website and test your system. Look at the status of your processor and graphics card against user averages.

What I wrote to you now and before was not intended to fix the problem. Is there really a problem? If yes, what is the problem? It is not obvious!

Maybe driver update is required. Maybe the anti-virus is extremly tiring your system in the background. Maybe HBM needs adjustment. I don't know what the problem is. If I knew I would write what you needed to fix...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32173968 

Userbenchmark without open processes: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32174465 

As I already mentioned the problem is that I get really low fps in all games. The low gpu usage is the reason for that. I want to know why my gpu usage is too low. All my drivers are latest. I already close all open processes and my anti-virus program. There is no difference if i play with open processes or without. I spend hours and hours to fix this problem but with no result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

You should find what is tiring your processor in the background and solve the problem with finding-ending-it.

0 Kudos