Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chalkline
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 not enough memory

Hi!
I have an AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 which, as far as I know, has 4GB of video RAM but now only shows 2GB on the system and it runs very poorly.

Playing the insanely buggy RDR2 I stupidly followed the instructions on the developer's page and DL'd 'amdcleanuputility' which promptly wiped all my drivers. The system couldn't recognise my card so I had to DL 'radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.1.3-minimalsetup-200120_web' to autodetect my drivers which it did. However when I check the system I get the following summary:

GPU 0

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

Driver version: 26.20.15002.61
Driver date: 4/12/2019
DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.0)
Physical location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Utilisation 0%
Dedicated GPU memory 0.4/2.0 GB
Shared GPU memory 0.0/8.0 GB
GPU Memory 0.4/10.0 GB

Frankly, I'm confused. Everything now states I don't have enough VRAM where before I DL'd that rotten program I did. Could anyone please give me some advice?

2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

In technical informations, 380 seems to have 2GB of video memory. I think it's time to upgrade for the GPU.

0 Likes

There were reports of issues on those cards with the early 2020 drivers. I thing newest .4 driver not the .3 you have is supposed to help. If not return to the last 2019 driver and that should do it. In the future try DDU not the AMD clean up utility it is a bit less harsh than AMD utility and only wipes the GPU driver not all AMD drivers and game profiles etc....