cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics

Hey, I have a HP laptop, more specifically a HP Envy 15.6 inch 2 in 1 Bang and Olufsen audio. There is a sticker stating I have AMD Radeon graphics but I can’t find the series or number behind it. I want to figure this out as I want to see if an oculus quest 2 woudl connect to it. I need an AMD graphics card series 400 or better. Can someone help my find out what my AMD graphics card is? Cheers

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Generally in a laptop when it mentions Radeon (TM) Graphics they are talking about your AMD Integrated Graphics and not your Discrete GPU card.

Download a free small program named SPECCY and run it. It will show you most of your Make & Models hardware and software you have installed in your laptop.

You can also run GPU-Z which will give in depth data on your Laptop's Integrated and Discrete GPUs .

NOTE: if you post the EXACT HP Model laptop you have I might be able to find out what GPUs it came with.

View solution in original post

what you need to do is look at the System Requirements (Minimum and Recommended) for your VR hardware and see if your GPU card falls within those requirements.

Also you need to go to AMD and see if your VR is one of the brands that is mentioned as being compatible.

Or open a Support ticket with your VR manufacturer and see if your VR is compatible with AMD.

EDIT: There is this current AMD Forum thread that you might want to be active in concerns AMD Driver and VR: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-drivers-and-vr/m-p/526584#M156416

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Generally in a laptop when it mentions Radeon (TM) Graphics they are talking about your AMD Integrated Graphics and not your Discrete GPU card.

Download a free small program named SPECCY and run it. It will show you most of your Make & Models hardware and software you have installed in your laptop.

You can also run GPU-Z which will give in depth data on your Laptop's Integrated and Discrete GPUs .

NOTE: if you post the EXACT HP Model laptop you have I might be able to find out what GPUs it came with.

Tysm I’ll give it a shot!

I’ve downloaded GPU-Z, just wondering what stat I need to look at in term of VR capability? 

0 Likes

what you need to do is look at the System Requirements (Minimum and Recommended) for your VR hardware and see if your GPU card falls within those requirements.

Also you need to go to AMD and see if your VR is one of the brands that is mentioned as being compatible.

Or open a Support ticket with your VR manufacturer and see if your VR is compatible with AMD.

EDIT: There is this current AMD Forum thread that you might want to be active in concerns AMD Driver and VR: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-drivers-and-vr/m-p/526584#M156416