cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

No
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Ryzen 5 3500U not recognized anymore after update from Adrenalin Software.

Hi,

I wanted to update the drivers for AMD Radeon Ryzen 5 3500U, cause some apps said that the drivers were outdated.

On the page link they only let you install the Adrenalin 2020 Software and run the automatic process : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr... 

I installed it and the software recommended me some updates. I let every update checked and run it, and after a while, I was asked to restart the computer to apply the modification.

When I restarted, it was worst : the laptop doesn't recognize the AMD card anymore. The AMD settings when you right click on desktop has disappeared. Even in the Devices Manager, the AMD card doesn't appear anymore. It seems that the card has been completely rejected by the system since I updated. 

So I tried to manually run the setup of the chipsets that has been installed in my C: disk in the AMD folder, but it always says that the installation failed.

Can someone please help me ?

----

Config : Windows 10 - 64 bits
Card : AMD Ryzen 5 3500U - Vega 8
Model : Laptop HP Envy

0 Likes
0 Replies