Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sukosuli
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX5700XT YouTube Frezze/Crash

Hello,

I have some issues with my ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING Card. With my last AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 lc I didn't get a problem like this...

But first here are my Specs and Driver:

Windows: MS Windows 10 1909 18363.388

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 Ace (MS-7B12)

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K STOCK no OC!

RAM: 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB (F4-4000C17-8GTZR) DDR4-4000 (17-17-17-37)

Storages: 2xNVMe:

1xSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

1xSamsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB

4xSATA III:

1xSamsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB

1x ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB  (1 TB)

1x WDC WD6001FZWX-00A2VA0  (6 TB)

1x WDC WD6003FZBX-00K5WB0  (6 TB)

Graphic Card: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING Driver: 19.9.3 (Clean installation with DDU 18.0.1.9)

Monitor: LG 24GM77-B (DisplayPort)  [24" TN LCD]

SoundCard: Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5

My Problems:

When I watch YouTube my PC freezes with the sound hanging and a restart after some minutes, but sometimes the AMD Driver crashes and I get a Blackscreen with my PC restarting after a few seconds.
In games it's random. Sometimes I can play hours without crashes and sometimes I get a blackscreen after 20 minutes (Ghost Recon Breakpoint).
In Borderlands 3 with DX12 I get a "LED" Light Show in Blue and Red. I know DX12 is bugged atm with long loading times,
but I didn't find any solution to my problem...
Screenshots can be found here.
dxdiag was uploaded via xml and txt too.

5 Replies

Seems like you are on a Windows Preview version which is not supported by AMD or it drivers officially.

You will need to put in a report to Microsoft through your Preview OS.

NOTE: The issues you are having may still occur once you have an officially supported Windows OS installed. but since you have a Preview Windows installed there is no way of knowing if its due to some changes or new features in the Preview version that is causing your issues.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I experienced the distortion of the colors of the graphics in the video you shared. I'm using RX 480 (old Polaris GPU not Navi, but no matter), and when I installed RX 580 BIOS for my GPU, GPU speed increased and this caused the problem. In short, your GPU is extremely fast with OC. I think use your consumer rights. This problem may occur if you make changes to your GPU WattMan settings. If this is the case, do not modify it with WattMan.

Edit:
Follow this way...
Run Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings > Global WattMan > Reset > Reboot PC
Run the game with the problem of color discoloration and play this game for about 2 hours. If discoloration continues, you should definitely use your consumer rights.

0 Likes
ykzcs
Journeyman III

I did a lot of searching around regarding similar issues and BSODs with a 5700 and it seems like because of the new architecture, it'll be a bit before they can fully flesh out the issues. As far as a stable driver goes however, I noticed the driver with the least issues caused for me is Adrenalin 19.7.5, I'd suggest DDUing and trying this driver instead. I tried to DDU and update to 19.9.2 recommended / 19.9.3 and had issues, but coming back to this I've had the *least* amount of issues (the only issue being a very seldom Discord hang or so far only one PC freeze when tabbing out of a loading game way too much while multitasking).

0 Likes

Did you experience green purple clouds appear on graphics? 

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

sukosuli

i still have the same issue over displayport only did you manage to fix it?

0 Likes