cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

andeRx6900xt
Adept I

AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT NITRO+ graphics card. Contrast flicker issue, FreeSync Premium Color HD.

Hello. I have flickering issues with the new GIGABYTE-G34WQCA widescreen. I don't know where the problem of the drivers or the series of the graphics card comes from. I also ran a test with my new screen on an Nvidia 3080 graphics card, and the flickering problem does not exist! I have another FreeSync Premium 1080p no wide screen and the flickering problem does not exist! I've been waiting for the right driver for 2 months, and nothing changes even with the new one. I have all the latest ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA bios motherboard drivers, Windows 10 up to date, I have an 850 watt power supply, the Process is an R9 X570.
For the moment I am looking for the right solution before running the warranty!!! Thanks for reading or replying.

5 Replies
Aimiks
Journeyman III

Same monitor and same problems with random black screens. Have you found a fix since ?

0 Likes
Eruptia38090
Journeyman III

The problem comes from FreeSync if you don't need it you can deactivate it via the monitor but it may be that on some screens even by deactivating it via the settings it remains there I can advise you to downgrade first your version of AMD Adrenalin otherwise what you can do is in the display settings of the AMD Adrenalin software go to the display settings and create in custom resolution a refresh rate of 145hz which will cause the screen to no longer take FreeSync into account because it is not in the freesync range which is 48-144hz

0 Likes
Eruptia38090
Journeyman III

Do not forget to set the new value 145 hz in the graphics settings of Windows

0 Likes
andeRx6900xt
Adept I

Hello, the solution is to adjust the Contrast Equalizer, or Gamma on the wide screens on the game or on the desktop and deactivate the freeSync does not leave the default setting and that's good. I changed screen 3840x2160 NO WIDE 21:9 and I have no problem freesync or contrast etc. but I have to UNDERVOLT the RX6900XT for all games to prevent it from heating the GPU in 4k, 144hz. for 1 new stable drivers can wait 10 years with Ati. the next material that I change quickly is this Ati card and its software. Nvidia Intel for the Future.

0 Likes

RMA you Monitor. I had same issue and it was an defective screen. I had black screens in specific scenarios
and  flickering while watching youtube. I got it RMA'd and they changed monitor motherboard. That didn't helpt. The second time they gave me a whole new monitor and everything is working normal now.