cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TommyvercettyGT
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT lags in every game

Hello, just a couple days ago i've migrated from Nvidia RTX 2060 to Aorus Challenger RX 6700 XT OC edition due to the Nvidia shortage and absurd prices. I've noticed right away that when loading textures and map parts, there are microlags every time in every game, and sometimes even big lags. With RTX 2060 this didn't happen but with this AMD video card i have lags in every single game, sometimes they become very annoying, especially because i paid a lot for this card and it's brand new, tryed to transfer the games to my SSD and still lagging, tryed to update drivers and windows, still no correction, what should i do? is it a card problem, should i ask for a refound or a change?

Games i play: Forza Motorsport 7, God of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, watch dogs legion, they ALL lag

0 Likes
7 Replies
jay1131
Adept III

Not sure if you tried DDU to uninstall the drivers properly when moving to another gpu. If not there is alot of videos on how to do it properly and sometimes you have to try recommended drivers or optional drivers, cards can be picky. Also the annoying thing is depending on how Windows feels it will automatically install some drivers that screws up things sometimes so just going in and clean installing without DDU will cause issues. What power supply do you have and are you playing at 1080p? Hows the temps? Not sure what the problem is but hope the first part helps.

0 Likes

I've uninstalled first every Nvidia driver i could possibly find, then i restarted the PC, changed the video card and downloaded the AMD radeon software, it downloaded the important drivers and the recommended ones also.

I am playing in 4K

My power supply is Corsair VS 650

0 Likes

Have you tried high 1080p or 1440p gaming? If you used DDU correctly and restarted then installed recommended drivers then could be a few things. Check temps and power draw but really i would just lower resolution from 4k first.

0 Likes

I have a 6700 XT and it's definitely no 4K card, my dude.

I mean, it may play SOME games at 4K, especially older ones, but most things I play at 1440p.

vialli100
Forerunner

Your PSU is a good make but a cheap one and it's right on the limit for that GPU..

You would be better off getting a modular PSU and use separate cables for the GPU..

God of War you may get some micro stutters, the driver release notes say:  Stuttering or lower than expected FPS values may be experienced by some users while playing God of War™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.

Which I suppose could mean the 6000 range?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Try disabling AMD Smart Access Memory, I hope the staters will disappear or at least decrease, I also recommend disabling or making all functions in amd adrenaline software by default. Try downloading and running the latencymon utility (only in a simple PC! when nothing is running at all or anything!) what kind of delay will be if the green zone is normal, if you need to look for the culprit in the yellow or red zone, maybe some driver conflicts with the AMD driver (video card) or the sata controller driver, anything can happen.

0 Likes
rh1nocz
Adept I

Got similar problems with my 6800xt playing PUBG and other CPU limited games. Lifting minimal clock frequency (in AMD software) to about 150mhz under max freq did the trick. Gpu downclocked way too much then lagged behind in rapid utilization. Aslo, if you are, stop using any gpu OC utilities like Afterburner and such, AMD drivers dont like that at all.