Hello, 

I built a PC 5 days ago, here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6600XT GPU   

32GB of DDR4 G-Skill TridentZ RAM

Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M2 SSD

Corsair RM 650x 650 watt PSU

ROG Strix B450F Gaming 2 Motherboard

Everything works when it comes to anything but gaming, however when playing Baldurs Gate 3 and Outward, the games crash after ~3 minutes and ~8 minutes respectively. It is important to note that the first time i played Baldurs Gate 3, I received a message to say that my graphics driver was not up to date. I installed the wrong driver (5500XT instead of 5600 XT). I then installed the correct one 5600 XT. I have tried pretty much everything, from uninstalling all drivers (using Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstalling drivers), from changing every possible setting in Baldurs Gate, to updating my BIOS, to updating Windows, etc. 

When the Baldurs Gate crashes, I receive the following error message: 

unknown.png

The temperature of my GPU is at 80°C ~ 85°C at the junction and 75°C 

The temperature of my CPU is at ~95°C (which I realise is hot, and can throtle my performance, but is not what crashes the game I don't think in this case). 

I don't know what to do at this point, I think I should send the GPU back to Amazon and get a new one.

Strangely, I can manage to play league of legends and project zomboid just fine, I haven't tested other games yet, but I suspect my GPU struggles with more graphics heavy games.

What can I do?

Thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies