cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

morokain
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, random no monitor signal

I guess in a way I'm one of the "lucky" ones as my monitor(s) never turned off while I was gaming. But like you, when I do have those black screens, I can hear windows sounds. And something peculiar, when I wake up my monitor from sleep, I sometimes hear the windows USB connection sound. I can only say I have never experienced a similar situation. 

Speaking of sleep, I deactivated automatic sleep mode in windows since waking up from sleep mode brought a lot more of those black screens. Those black screens bugs/glitches are not even recorded into the Event viewer. The way I see it, it's as if Windows detect the displays are on, but the graphics card "forget" to send the to the monitor. 

Something too I should mentioned (and if any of you are using dual monitors or more, please share) is when only one monitor turns on, I can move my mouse pointer on the off monitor. 

Anyway, please AMD, fix it!

idiocracy
Adept II

Have the same issue with a 5700 xt red devil, just booting is a pain in the as.s. Just today i've had to hard reset, turn off and on my computer more than 20 times just to get video out and booting to windows at the same time. Getting to bios is no problem, but often it'll hard lock when loading windows. Loading windows diagnostics during boot is also no problem. If i pop in an old spare card everything is fine.

I wrote to powercolour tech support 3 weeks ago, no response, so i don't think they care.

0 Likes
deleonardis
Journeyman III

Same problem. Disable of hardware acc does not help. At least every 30 minutes i get black screen. 

I have the latest drivers!

This graphic card for almost 400 eur make computer useless.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This issue must be solved immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indy650
Adept II

I have this issue and also randomly I will have a blue hue to my screen and need to restart. I have found undervolting the GPU does make it much more stable in my case. I am really upset with Amd I have stuck with them for decades but I don't see why I shouldn't switch to Nvidia. 

0 Likes
tarelow
Adept I

I have a NAVI and am switching to an nvidia. Amd cannot solve the problem...

. Nvidia this solution, see questions in this forum! I have one Rx 5700 xt... 

bobalazs
Adept III

try: copy driver installer folder elsewhere. remove driver, reboot

opend device mananger choose gpu card update driver by pointing to installer folder.

you wont have software, but hopefully stable card.

0 Likes
larabee
Journeyman III

Instal the latest driver released on Feb 28. Then Slight undervolt the card and apply a -20% power limit. That should do the trick. Anything above -20% power limit will crash it during prolonged period of gaming. 

0 Likes
indy650
Adept II

totally agree I think I'm gonna switch to Nvidia too. So much for bleeding red for over 20 years.

bobalazs
Adept III

Eh if you need to power limit to play, you have a likely PSU issue.

0 Likes
indy650
Adept II

nope first thing i did was buy a new 1200w psu.

0 Likes