cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT not recognised, causing crashes when updating?

Hello,

I bought a brand new config :

MSI x570 Gaming Edge Motherboard

Ryzen 8 CPU

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU

I took my old HDD and SSD (which I already formatted)

I added a brand new M2

2 DDR4 8Go Ram 3000Mhz

650W PSU (I took the one from my old computer)

I installed a brand new Windows 10

I built this all up and it booted just fine

When I boot the computer it works fine. The 4 LEDs on the MB goes on & off like it should

When I look onto the Device Manager my GPU is not here, it says it's running the defaut ATI windows graphics

When I try to update the list of Devices it crashes

When I try to update the AMD driver (which I don't have any installed at the moment) it crashes

I flashed my BIOS to the last version available on MSI website (it went from 1.0 to 1.2)

When I look into my computer, my graphic card has the Radeon logo red glowing, the fan is spinning and the HDMI port on the GPU is working since I can see my monitor display what it's supposed to

I tried running this in safe mode, I tried switching PCI 1.0 port to GEN3 and then GEN4

I don't know what to do to make it so my computer "recognises" the GPU... Any help?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT not recognised, causing crashes when updating?

I've been having the same issue for almost a week. 

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x & the RX VEGA 64 on a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 motherboard. 

Such a headache. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT not recognised, causing crashes when updating?

I've been having similar problems for the last few days... When you say "I try to update the AMD driver (which I don't have any installed at the moment) it crashes" are you sure the entire computer is crashing? or is it possible the driver is making your monitor unrecognizable?

When I install the AMD drivers my screen goes blank (no video source), but when I plug in an older monitor it appears to still work. Something about the newest driver is making my UHD 4k display incompatible. If I install an older driver the computer doesn't even recognize the Rx 5700 XT, so I don't have sound or proper screen resolution. If I install the newest drivers I get a landslide of incompatibilities, and crashing. I've tried installing a number of different ways, and different drivers. In some install attempts I get the computer crashing with the warning "Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: atikmdag.sys".

0 Kudos